Who am I?

I'M JEAN FREAKING VALJEAN
...Jean Valjean! (Bet you weren't expecting that.) Sorry, still on my Les Mis kick. And no,  I haven't finished it yet...Although last week, my friends and I watched the most recent movie AND 25th anniversary edition (Hello, Nick Jonas! And the same Eponine from the movie, who's my favorite character. Every girl identifies with Eponine at least once in her life (or more than once...)

Anyway...In case you haven't noticed, I'm not too much like Jean Valjean. I guess I can be pretty withdrawn and have my secrets that I don't like talking about, sure. Plus, even though I've definitely messed up in my life, I still try to do my best to make up for those mistakes. So in that way, I'm kind of like Valjean, but that's about where the similarities end. I'm much more like other fictional characters...like...

Iago!

"Oh, that's a big surprise! That's incredible - I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die of NOT SURPRISE!" 
When I was a little kid and my dad was in grad school in Oregon, I would get up early every day with him, and while he worked on his schoolwork I would watch Aladdin. I don't remember it very well, but apparently it happened every day. And when my old roommates were deciding what Disney characters we all were, I was unanimously voted as Iago.  Go figure.

Who else...Oh yes. 

Sheldon! 
"Friggity frack, not this again!"
Maybe it's his excessive cleanliness, or his dry sense of "humor" (Bazinga!), but I've always felt a kinship with Dr. Cooper. Plus he's truly terrible at dealing with women, and I am simultaneously not very good at talking to men. But hey, he found Amy Farrah Fowler, so maybe one day...

Which brings us to Beca!

"But you have juice pouches and Rocky!"
A coworker and my boss decided I was most like Beca due to my sense of humor. Plus it's one of my secret dreams to be in an a capella group, not even joking here. And she has great hair...

Any other comments/ideas of who my fictional double would be? Leave a comment. I've got to go wrestle some alligators and dingoes (simultaneously, of course).

Thanks. Means a lot. 
-K

Comments