Football Woes

Summer's been good for me, guys. I have more time to keep this updated (You're welcome, Rob...) and do all sorts of other things. I'm working on Les Mis too, don't you worry, although currently we're watching it in my apartment and I don't really feel like reading after spending all day at work. Or typing for that matter, so it's a short one today.

But I thought I'd share my current work project. The bigwigs of post production have decided that we need to caption every football game ever played by our team. Ever. We made a giant list, and we have 157 games to do before the end of the summer. With our current workforce, that means two a week per employee, and I think I overheard someone quitting today, so that puts it up to more like three a week. Working on football is a big deal, it takes four to five hours to transcribe (type out), and then another three hours to format (make them look uniform and good) and timecode (match the caption with the video, basically watching the game all over again but at triple or quadruple speed). So it takes about a full workday per game, and that's added on top of our regular workload we're responsible for each week. So I'm not hurting for work, but man. I dislike old football. But hey, it could be worse. At least I understand how the game works. A couple of the girls at work have absolutely no idea what's happening. Ha...so unfortunate. So I've taken lately to teaching all the girls in the office football, and it's been fun. I also have to teach everyone the rules of softball whenever we live caption, and now I'll have to explain baseball since softball is over. 

And the best part is, I don't even know that much about sports. It's just that I know the most out of anyone in the department, so therefore that makes me the know-all about anything sports-related. Thanks for explaining football to me as a kid, Mom, and thanks for the baseball knowledge, Dad. Comes in handy now :)

-K

Comments