Guess What!!!

I FINISHED LES MIS!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I feel so accomplished right now. I just finished a book with over 1000 pages! I am so legit!

Final stats:

Book Acquired: December 25th, 2012
Book Finished: May 17, 2013
Pages: 1,232

And what did I think of it?

Hmm. Victor Hugo had a lot to say and used a lot of words to say it. While I wasn't a fan of the 15 pages on the Parisian sewer system (you guys already know all about that...) and his other random rants or pages upon pages of descriptions of buildings and cities, the actual story is very moving. While Valjean was never my favorite character, reading the book helped me understand him a lot better. I really enjoyed more backstory on Fantine and the priest that gave Valjean the candlesticks, they have such a rich and complicated past. I dislike Cosette as much as I always did (surprise, surprise), and like Eponine as much as I always did. I also appreciate Gavroche a little more, and don't care as much for Marius as I did in the past.

And let me tell you, the pages upon pages of description of our favorite starry-eyed lovers? Gag me. It was almost laugh-inducing, the absurdity of it all. Maybe that's how love is...? My experience with love has not been that...mushy and gag-inducing, that's for sure. I'll have to put some excerpts up so you guys can experience some of it. It was pretty ridiculous.

Aaaaaaah! Sometimes, I'm awesome.

Yes, I put this already this week. But it fits! It fits!

And maybe your massive hat? Just a thought...
Anyways. Got to go to work, baseball never ends. Maybe another post tomorrow, if you're lucky?

-K

Comments