Mondays & Mechanics

Today was semi-eventful, I guess. A few things of note happened:
  • I went and got my oil changed, and while I was waiting, I made friends with a little kid. Which is a big deal for me, because I get really nervous around little kids and don't really like to be around them all the time, but this one was cute. Him and his dad and his older brother came in and you could tell the dad had been through the wringer, he just looked dead. Mom must have been on a girl's weekend away or something. But anyway, this little kid runs right over to me and tries to share his drink and his popcorn with me, and just keeps jabbering the way little two-year-olds do. He was covered in stickers, and I mean covered. Oh, and then a train came by. 
    • Kid's dad: "Look guys! A train!"
    • My new friend: [gasps and smashes his face against the window] "TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!"
  • So that was exciting. Usually little kids don't try and make friends with me and this one did. It was precious. The only two words I understood were "train" and "garbage", and he used them all the time. Plus he colored a picture and showed it to me about every 10 seconds. Cute kid. Reminded me of when my littlest sister was that young. She was such a cutie.
Cutest little kid ever, am I right?!
  • The guys at the auto shop put a flower on my dash when they were done :)
  • I taught piano. My kids are hilarious.
    • Me: "I don't have money to buy new candy. I'm poor."
    • Kid: "Does that mean if I was an orphan on the street you wouldn't adopt me?"
    • Me: "Um..."
  • Helped out my mom in her classroom. She has innumerable papers to file, and I like menial jobs like that where I can just listen to my music and do whatever. The school year's almost over, so that's exciting.
  • Ready for the annoying part? Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Imagine Dragons. Their newest album? Yes. Yes. YESSSS. So they were in concert, and I wanted to go so badly! But I didn't win any contests and I didn't have any money to buy tickets, so I was pretty sad about that. But guess what? My roommate and her stupid boyfriend of a week got tickets. SHE DOESN'T EVEN LISTEN TO IMAGINE DRAGONS. !!!!!!!!!!!! *frustration* I'm sorry, J. Me and you can commiserate together. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • To make myself feel better I ate Pringles...and some Toblerone. Yay. Do I feel better? Not really. But every little bit helps. 
So yes. That's my day in a nutshell. 

Pictures for the road?

It's harder than you'd think, guys.

Me! Me! Pick me!

Yes.
I kind of feel like Holmes in this picture...surrounded by books and yet so tired of reading...Les Mis did me in, guys. On an unrelated note, I've started watching Elementary in my spare time, and it is awesome.

-K

Comments