Weekend Reads

Well, it's been a busy weekend. Family BBQs (with people I didn't know were my family...), lots of working, reading, Nike Outlet-ing, and Memorial Day tomorrow! Woo!

Thought I'd give you a rundown of what I've been reading lately. Les Mis was pretty hard, so I've been reading some fluffy filler teenage angsty stuff.


Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I got this one for Christmas as well, but never got around to it until now. Like I said, fluffy teenage angst, but not too bad for a dystopian YA book. This book is all about love - the government says it's a disease, Lena says otherwise. She meets Alex, and bang! Love. So much love. Can they escape to live their happy lives together in the Wilds? Three guesses, and the first two don't count.

Which leads us to...


Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Also a Christmas gift. Second book in the trilogy started by Delirium. Since Rob is planning on reading this, I won't really say anything, but pretty good. Haven't actually finished this yet, about 25 pages left. I'm very interested in seeing how this one ends.

My non-fiction read for the week was:


Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Oh my goodness, guys. So good! It follows Louis Zamperini, an Olympic runner who joined the military and became a pilot, and then gets shot down and ends up floating around the ocean for weeks, with no food and no water, and that's just the beginning. They end up being rescued, but become POWs in Japan, and even after they are released the problems don't end. I loved reading this story, seeing how he changed throughout his life. It's kind of hard to get into it in the beginning, and I wouldn't recommend reading it if you have a weak stomach. But man. Way good.

This week's book? Not sure yet. I have Flyboys that I want to read, and I have more books from Christmas I haven't read yet (Divergent). We'll see how many I can get through.

-K

Comments