Just Throw a Brick

So I'm sure you're all wondering why my blog is called "Just Throw a Brick". The answer? Because, that's why.

No really, there isn't really a reason. Just a backstory. Ready?

So one time, my roommate Natalie went on a blind date with one of her married cousin's friends, and I was at home chilling with my other roommates and some guys. They had just broken out a strange board game that involved lots of strategy, too much strategy for my physics-addled brain on a Friday night, so I was hiding in the corner halfway reading a book and halfway watching "Four Weddings" (A stupid show? Yes. An entertaining show?  Very yes.) So I was chilling there, and watching my show like a pathetic single person, and then Natalie comes running in and is like "Katelyn! Come hang out with us!" Being bored, I agreed, but only if I could bring my popcorn I had just popped (I am a HUGE popcorn person. Movie theatre popcorn is one of my favorite foods on this earth).

So it's raining outside as we run to Natalie's cousin's car (blind date disappeared, who knows where), and we climb in, and I'm excited because yay! I get to hang out with people that aren't playing weird mythological creature board games! So we're driving around, and just having a good time, and during the course of a sharp turn I accidentally dump my popcorn all over my lap. Now I'm covered in popcorn. Woo! It's like a dream come true! Not really, popcorn isn't that great when it's all over you. So I started picking up handfuls of it and throwing out the window at unsuspecting cars. It was great. Everyone was like "what are you doing?" and I was like "It's not like it's anything crazy, like a BRICK!" So then we started talking about what would happen if we just threw bricks at everyone/everything we hated, and it was good times all around.

So yes. That's a somewhat dramatized version of why I saw "Just throw a brick!", and hence why my blog is titled that way. "Just throw a brick!" has gotten me through many a hard time. In fact, when they heard someone broke up with me, they got a brick from their yard and put a bow on it and gave it to me as a gift, saying, "We're not saying you should throw this at someone, but if you do, make it count!"

And I did.

Just kidding, guys. No bricks (or people) were hurt. Haha, the brick just sits in my bedroom, and every time I see it I smile. I have awesome friends.

...Phineas and Ferb!

"That's it. They have officially run out of toys."
-K

Comments