The Trip pt. 4

The next day we visited a Dunkin Baskin Donut, aka a Dunkin Donuts and a Baskin Robbins in the same building. I guess it makes sense, since most people want coffee in the morning and ice cream later in the day. Unless you’re me, and you want ice cream all the time. I got a chocolate chip muffin and it was totally encrusted in sugar. I tried to scrape some of it off (I’m not a huge plain sugar fan) but some of it was just anchored on there. It was still good though.

Then we drove out to Millennial Park, home of the famous Chicago Bean. That thing is weird. You have to see it personally to have it make sense, but it’s weirdly cool. Since the park is adjacent to the Chicago Institute of Art, I guess all the stuff in the park used to be an exhibit and then they just left it up since it was so popular with the public. There are fountains with moving faces, boardwalks, and a little garden right in the middle of it. You have to donate like five million dollars and your first and second-born children to work in it, but at least they let us peons walk through and admire their floral handiwork.








Now here's the final pros and cons list for Chicago: 

Pros:
-Nutter Butter Shake
-My best friend Lou Malnati
-The Bean
-“While You Were Sleeping” takes place here

Cons:
-still a city
-Costs money to garden
-It’s called “The Windy City” and I don’t think that’s a good sign

Conclusion coming up next!

Comments