Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-change!

Well, if you haven't noticed, there's been a few changes around here. I had one of those CHANGE ALL THE THINGS urges this week, so I went with a new color scheme and hope to get an original graphic for the background soon, so I don't have to have to use someone else's design. I added the tab bar, so now you can see my favorite posts, and a lame introduction to me and C, because I hate introductions. They always feel tacky to me, but all my favorite blogs use them, so I figured I'd better put something up there. I'll keep tweaking this blog a bit, so if you come back and it looks weird, don't worry, it probably won't stay that way...?

In other news, C is busy pulling up sod, and I'm busy putting up birthday decorations for my coworker. She does everybody else's birthday decorations, so I went all out. There's a streamer curtain, paper confetti and candy everywhere, and a large gnome on her desk. I didn't get the gnome but someone told me it was her present, so I stuck it on her desk and she seemed happy to see it, so that's good.

C pointed out that I have more posts this year already than I did in all of 2014. I'm doing it, people! I have a blog that I actually update and people actually read! Who would have thought? Not me. Next step, write a best-selling JFic series that combines the awesomeness of science with the effectiveness of the written word.

Apparently, yesterday was Best Friends Day on social media. What the heck? Who cares who my best friend is? I have one, his name is C, and we are best friends. That's all you need to know. Scrolling through my newsfeed is nearly gag-inducing. It's great you have a group of friends, really. I know you have friends. Stop pushing them down my throat. I don't know, and this is probably really cynical of me, but if you have to go to social media to tell your friends/family that you love and appreciate them, with all due respect, get the crap off the Internet, get your butt off the couch, and tell them yourself. Geez.

But hey, glad everyone has friends out there. Yay.

Here, have a random picture of a happy guy with a jetpack I drew last week, because Happy Tuesday.

Fly away, be free!
-K

Comments