The Trip pt. 2

Next, we ventured to Philadelphia, to tour around and see the sights with C’s friend K. What are the sights? First, we saw the Philadelphia temple, which is in the process of being built. It’s right in the middle of the city (I think?) and it’ll be really nice when it’s finished.

C wanted to eat a cheesesteak from a famous place (Pat’s) that required lots of walking, but the sandwich was good. My favorite part was the bread, I don’t know where that stuff came from or how they make it, but I want to find them and make their bread forever.




However, to reach the magical sandwich land, we had to take a subway and public transportation is not my friend. The end. Also, the subways in Philadelphia are not like the subways in While You Were Sleeping. They’re below ground, where the sewer smell is the worst. They’re also magically about 10 degrees cooler than the outside temperature, a fact that mystifies me. And, when the Great Rat Uprising takes place, they will definitely crawl out of the subway lines. The whole day after I rode that thing I felt like I needed to shower, constantly, with boiling water, for the next two days. Ohhhhhh gosh. I felt like I was coated in pollution. Thankfully, if we went to this grad school, we would be in WC and not in Philadelphia.

After sandwich time, we ventured over to the Reading Street Market, a place where Amish people get together and make things AND SELL THEM TO YOU IN PERSON. I saw Amish people! I had never seen one in person before! And I ate their ice cream! And it was awesome, the end.

Pros and Cons of Philadelphia:

Pros:
-Sandwich
-Amish
-They have an entire weekend dedicated to celebrating orchids! Sadly, we missed it. Had we known…

Cons:
-Odd smell
-Too many people
-Probable rat infestation
-Public transportation
-I’m too poor to buy all the Amish things


Part 3 coming soon! 




Comments