Back to Real Life

So now that all my trip posts are done, it's back to actually writing for this thing on a regular basis. The break has been nice but a lot has happened. Here's a list!

Books read: 1.5 - The Fault in Our Stars and I'm almost done with Where'd You Go, Bernadette? I've really been liking Bernadette, it's been intriguing and hard to put down from start to finish. Definitely recommend, especially if you like books that aren't written in the "traditional" sense. This book is kind of a scrapbook of dialogue, emails, memos, letters, etc, but Maria Semple actually pulls it off. Usually those books annoy me, but this one doesn't. I'm hooked. And I'm actually at the part of the book where we're all like yeah! Where did you go, Bernadette???

But seriously, where? We're all wondering here.

Also, is this not the coolest book cover ever? I don't know. It's just awesome. Thanks for the pic, GoodReads... 
On the other hand, The Fault in Our Stars, while entertaining for a couple hours, isn't as good to me. I'm really interested in reading Paper Towns, another one of his books, because I like his style, but I wasn't super into the Stars movie and it makes it so I'm not super into the book. It's very romanticized, which is okay, it just isn't my favorite. I do love Augustus calling Hazel "Hazel Grace". I don't know why. It's just cute. Next up on the book docket? I have no idea, since I got 13 books from the library all at the same time and am having a hard time deciding which one to go to next. The book reader in me has been reawakened! Watch out, blogosphere! You're going to get a LOT more of my random book reviews in the near future.

Crafts made: also 1.5 - I crocheted a "gradupus" (read: an octopus wearing a graduation hat) for my SIL's graduation. Isn't he the cutest???


I mean, look at his little hat! It took a ton of time to figure out, but isn't it cute?

In other crafting news, I'm cross-stitching something for a friend's wedding in July. I was trying to get it finished before her shower last weekend, but I just didn't have the time to make it as detailed and cute as I'd like to, so I'll just give it to her at her bachelorette party or something. It's looking okay too, I've never done a ton of embroidered words before but I'll post a pic up here when I finish it and you guys can tell me if it's cute or not. But just a heads-up, please tell me it's cute...

New Food Cooked: Um, I honestly don't remember if I've tried a new recipe recently. I just know that I haven't burned the house down yet. I haven't even started any kind of fire! Take that, OChem lab. I know what I'm about, even if I had a hard time concentrating caffeine out of teabags. Whatever. Who needs to know how to do that in the real world, anyway? I mean, I can show you, but we'll need a Bunsen burner and a buttload of flasks. And I'll need to find my instruction book, which I may or may not thrown away vindictively as soon as the semester ended...

Changes in the Apartment: Our AC works! Our AC works! OUR AC WORKS! I am so happy. Granted, we paid almost our rent in repairs, but now we only owe $74 to our landlord for June! Holla! Last night I was freezing and I was so freaking happy about it. Of course, now it's raining all weekend so it doesn't matter, but still. The AC is there waiting when the sun comes out. Now I can actually bake in the summertime! The possibilities are endless here, people. 

TV: I'm in season four of HD, nearing the end! After that, it's only 10 episodes of Season 5 on CW.com and she's over, folks! I'll have to write more about how I feel the series is going, but I kind of have the same complaints as last time. (Is Zoe really attractive enough to keep a horde of men on her tail? Frankly, is Lemon even attractive enough to get any boy to pay attention to her, never mind like five of them? Will Wade ever grow up? Probably not. Will George ever get rid of his stupid haircut-scruff combo? Please let him. Also, why is George considered the cute guy in Bluebell? Because honestly, even though Wade is kind of a weirdo playboy sometimes, he's a lot cuter than GT.) So many questions here. I also watched part of some random basketball game yesterday, so that fills my sports quota for the month. 

Randoms: C made key lime pie this week and it turned out amazing. I did a NY Times crossword puzzle almost by myself (one googled answer, I'll admit it.) I poked myself five thousand times with my cross-stitching needle (turns out trying to speed up cross-stitching definitely increases your chances of poking yourself with sharp objects.) And just in case you forgot, our AC works!!!

-K

Comments