HC&M: Rhapsody in Meh

It's been ANOTHER week! Guess what? Nothing has really changed over here at JTAB headquarters :( But we did do some cool stuff this weekend, so I guess I can talk about that.

C drinking his fancy lemon water at "The Noodle", a cute little Italian restaurant where they make the pasta from scratch. So good!

Happy
-We earned some money! C's been working a temp job for about a week and good news, they gave him another two weeks and a pay raise! It's not much but it's so helpful to at least be earning a little money. We also babysat for a family in the ward last weekend and they pay extremely well out here! Granted, we had to keep our eyes on four extremely energetic children, but C took three of them and played with them and I played a game with the quietest one. All about splitting responsibilities over here. I think the best part was when they performed Frozen as a play for us. It's one of those moments where you can't laugh because it'll make them feel badly and you want them to be happy because it's adorable, but when Olaf and Anna join in on "Let it Go" from the other room and Elsa isn't happy about it, it's hard to keep straight faces.
- Other good news with the babysitting, we got to watch the BYU game on an actual TV and not on my computer! It's way better that way. Also, the house had snacks. I don't usually eat food when I babysit at people's houses because A) I have a hard time trusting food at random people's houses, and B) it's not classy, but this house had a respectable amount of pre-packaged goods, including chocolate-covered almonds! It reminded me of my house back home. So I had a handful. I broke my food rule, I know. But that's all I had, so I don't feel too tacky about it.
- Weather has been beautiful out here. Minus some scary storms last week the weather has been perfect for walking around in. Finally! We went to the beach last Sunday just to walk around after church and it was beautiful. The water was freezing but even hearing the sound of the waves was amazing. I love the ocean/big lakes that look like oceans (although it's a lot harder to find shells on a lake shore than an ocean shore). I had been really anxious that whole Sunday, and that week in general, and coming here really helped. Sand and waves really help me feel like everything's going to be okay.

I loved the 'Vini, vidi, vici' on the rocks here. I want to be able to say that I came, I saw, and I conquered Chicago.
Nothing like your toes in the sand on a beautiful day.
- We found the Home Alone house! It's just this nice house in this totally nondescript neighborhood, surrounded by other really nice houses. But once you see it, it's unmistakable. It was awesome. We had found the church before, but seeing the house was really awesome.

Keep the change, ya filthy animal.
Exterior of the Home Alone church.
 - I made us as Peanuts characters when I was bored yesterday!

Me!

C!
Crappy
- The Relief Society is having a potluck at the church for the women's broadcast on Saturday. :/ Again, my lack of trusting foods made by people that aren't my mom, my grandma, me, or C. I think I'll just eat beforehand and then show up with a bucket of chicken, Singles Ward style. It worked for Jonathan! So what if Cammie found out he didn't actually make the fried chicken. She was probably relieved, to be honest. I would be.
- I'm still jobless! Yay.
- The other day me and C were talking about things coming up and I mentioned my birthday. He looked all sad and was like "I looked it up and it's a Monday, and I'll have class all night." He looked so crestfallen and sad. It was so cute how he looked up my birthday already and was thinking if he could plan something, but then has class all night long. And not until like 7:00. More like 9:30. And there's not even a Costa Vida I can get around here to celebrate with. Dang it all. I'd better have my own apartment by then. I really really want to try to make this cake for myself! Isn't it cute? I did some research into Christina from Master Chef this week and found this website with some of her recipes. So what if they use something called "grapeseed oil" I've never heard of? I'm going to make an awesome fancy funfetti cake like this one day when I have a kitchen again. You can bet on it.

Courtesy of milkbarstore.com. I love how cute it looks when the outside isn't frosted, although let's face it, frosting is always good and I'd love it with the frosting too!  I would love to get more into cakes and cake decorating, and learning how to do cute frosting things.
 - I really missed home this week. I miss it every single day, but especially last weekend. My sister (and SIL) both had homecoming, and seeing the cute pictures my mom sent me and that were online made me so homesick. I used to go help my beautiful sister get ready for dances sometimes and not even having the opportunity for this dance was so hard for me. :/
- Are cicadas immortal or something? Because they are not giving up.
- No BYU sports are at home this week, so I don't get to watch any soccer or volleyball on BYUtv. It helps to have something to look forward to like that so now all I have is the football game on Saturday. At least it's on at a time of day that doesn't suck. 11 am as opposed to 9:30 pm? I'll take 11 am, thanks.

Meh
- Once Upon a Time. In my free time I've been trying to get into this show, and yesterday I powered through the stupid Neverland episodes. Ugh. What a joke. I'm already sick of the Neal-Emma-Hook love triangle, and all the weird family history really creeps me out. Just freaking get Hook and Emma together already so I don't have to watch any more of this.
- Still in this house. Looks nice from the outside, so that's good. Inside is not so fun anymore. :/ 


- Cactus is dropping leaves again. What the crap, cactus. You're supposed to be happy! I think it's sad because they're not by a window, and the plants like being by a window more than being on the desk. Oh well. Soon enough, plant buddies.
- Just realized last week that we only brought one white shirt for C we've been washing every week, but now that he's working in an office every day we definitely need to take a trip to the storage unit and find his other ones. Haha. Go us.

Hope everyone out there is doing well! Thanks for all the texts from friends and family, you guys are awesome! Miss you.

-K

Comments