Happy, Crappy, and Meh: Chicago Edition

So I'm debating on whether or not I should make a weekly post entitled "Happy, Crappy, or Meh", where I discuss something happy, something crappy, and something meh. Yes/no? C thinks it'd be better as a Twitter post so we'll see. I've just had so many people ask me how Chicago is I was thinking of more fun ways to present information. So without further ado, "Happy, Crappy, and Meh: Chicago Edition."

Happy:
-Lou Malnati's pizza. Every list starts with this pizza. The end. The fact that we've only had it once and have been out here a week is impressive.
-There is a Target about 10 minutes away from where we are right now. AND I got a couple v-necks from there on clearance! Awwwww yeah. I love a good v-neck.
-Our car survived the trip! So now our little Utah-plated Nissan is booking around Chicago!
-My friend just sent me a pic of a cute embroidered pillow pattern she found on clearance and she's going to send it to me. I'm so excited! I've been making C take me to Michael's just so I can be around crafting people again. I have an addiction to yarn crafts, I'll admit it. Plus, now is the time to start thinking about Christmas presents, so... :)
-We visited Northwestern University this week, and we got to walk by the beach! It's definitely more of a cold beach (think Oregon) but it was so beautiful to see. While it's not as good as the Atlantic (it is Lake Michigan after all), it was still great.

Crappy:
-The bathroom we currently share with the other boarder that lives here is also currently being shared by our host's personal guests from out of town. They use an average of two towels each and see no problem with laying them over pre-existing towels (like mine), making them soggy and gross. I am also 95% sure they're using my shampoo and body wash. What the heck?! This is not a hotel! Get out of my shampoo and leave my towel alone! They also take like... 45 minutes to get ready. And there's FOUR of them. Ugh, go away.
-In other living news, I killed the nastiest-looking bug the other day and apparently they're indigenous to this region. DO NOT google "house centipede". If you did, I warned you! Don't look it up! But if you did, appreciate that I killed one of those. It was terrifying.
-We get one tiny shelf in the fridge that holds nothing. I am dying. Let me cook! Let me bake! I have a craving for lemon cookies like you wouldn't believe. 
-Nothing on the job hunt yet. Either no one thinks I'm qualified, or my resume blows them all away and they're afraid to call me. This is not working for me. Come on, people :/
-Humidity is the worst! I feel gummy and sticky every single second I'm outside right now. It's awful. Can't wait for that crap to end. Bring on autumn!
-Cactus has started dropping leaves again :( Maybe he hates the humidity too. I feel you, cactus buddy.

Meh:
-My circa 2009 laptop seems to connect way better to the Internet here than C's year-old one. How that is happening I have no idea. In fact, my laptop is doing better out here in Chicago than it was in Provo. #blessed?
-C has discovered a restaurant he loves called Sweet Tomatoes out here, and he just adores that place. It's like a slightly better Golden Corral, with a decent salad bar and limited entree options (but a bread station). As for me? It's all right, but nothing to write home about. I'd rather hit up the Panda across the parking lot. I get a better Caesar from Lou M's for way cheaper. Oh well. C loves his salad, I love a happy C. We both win.
-It's hard to sit around all day trying to think of things to do. We apply for jobs until our laptops resign in protest, and then we try and figure out something to go do that's free. Usually it involved walking somewhere, or driving somewhere and then walking around it. We're super interesting. Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff to do in Chicago, if you've got money.
-I got an Instagram. So far it seems like a place for people that take bad pictures and put bad filters on those bad pictures to congregate and like each other's crappy photos. Whatever. I'm over it.

Peace out from the the cheapo in Chi-town,

K

Comments