Game Day

It's game day, people! If you're into BYU football, that is. My sport's gameday isn't all the way until January :( But at least I've had some good soccer games to watch recently. Let me break it down for you.

K's Favorite BYU Sports (that I'll actually watch and stay interested and not complain very much during):
1. Men's Volleyball
2. Women's Soccer

That's about it, really.

"But what about football?!" you ask. "Don't you love watching the dudes toss the old pigskin around?" *sigh* Football is hard for me for the following reasons.

Gameday intimidation faces
1. It's forever long. Why are you so long? It's a full-day affair! Got to watch the pre-pre-game, and the pre-game, and then of course the four-hour game, and then the post-game, and then the post-post-game, and ugh. It's a vicious circle of football. It never ends! I can handle about two hours of football, and that's if there's good snacks.

2. Lots of football players are man-babies. I get there's floppers in soccer. I get that. I kind of enjoy it, to be honest. But when a big 250-pound guy falls to the ground clutching his knee that wasn't even touched by anyone in the last hour, I get a little bored. Come on, man. Pull yourself together. Your mom is probably watching somewhere.

3. I typed so many dang football games at my old job I almost can't stand watching games on TV. That's just how it is. When you're stuck typing BYU football (from the Crowton era, no less) all day, every day for an entire summer, it gets to you. Especially when you were the only one in the office that even had a rudimentary understanding of what the rules of football are, so people would save the games for me to do because they, and this is a direct quote, "You like football, right? Since you know so much about it?" AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH curse my sports knowledge! I don't even have that much sports knowledge! I don't even like football that much. I just know how it works. It's kind of necessary in today's American world. Get with the program and stop leaving all the football games for me, dangit. Anyway, so that's also why it's hard for me to watch on TV. It's a lot easier in person.

But nevertheless, me and C are sitting here in our rented room in Chicago, wearing our new gameday shirts, counting down until the game starts (well, C is counting down by listening to some radio show. I'm watching Cutthroat Kitchen on Netflix. We all get ready for game day in different ways, right?)

-K

Comments