Weekend Playlist

So yesterday someone asked me what music I was into right now, and I realized I'm not really into one at the moment. So then I spent the rest of the day deciding what my weekend playlist would be. I have so much good music on my iTunes, but I get stuck in the same five-song rut. So here's last weekend's songs on repeat, so you can listen to them nonstop, like I pretty much have been.

For dance parties:
John Newman: Love Me Again
Yes, this song has been on this blog before. It's just that good. I can't get enough of it. I think it's time for another Just Dance party, people.

For being a hipster:
The Borns: Electric Love
I checked out The Borns after R made me listen to Electric Love, and while every song on their four-song album is good, Electric Love is still my favorite. Plus, it was playing in Old Navy last weekend, so I felt like an official hipster.

For chilling:
Chad Valley: Shell Suite
This song reminds me I need to watch Warm Bodies again. Such a good movie. But this song is good for hanging out or driving in the car with the windows down on an empty highway. Not that I've done that recently. But this song is PERFECT for that. I absolutely love this song.

For driving to a wedding reception that you just know will be weird and you're interested to see the weirdness but not at all excited to be there:
Neon Trees: 1983
Because the only thing that could make me excited for these things is Neon Trees.

For sitting at work when you're not supposed to be listening to music but this song was on the radio when you got out of your car and you just have to finish it, plus your quasi-boss isn't here so you can do what you want but then she shows up and you all of a sudden have to act like "yeah...been working the whole time":
David Guetta (ft. Nicki Minaj and Afrojack): Hey Mama
This song is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I'm not a huge Nicki Minaj fan all the time but I like this one for some reason. I don't know. It's my Top 40 fave right now (along with Worth It by Kid Ink & Fifth  Harmony. Yes. I'm so classy.)

-K

Comments