So You Think You Can Blog

Or in other news, I stayed up way too late last night watching SYTYCD. It's summer, people! Which means the best show on TV is back!

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE!

Usually the dancers from Utah can be kind of meh but I'm actually really liking Alexia. She's little and cutesy and a contemporary dancer, but she's not afraid to do whatever's asked of her. I'm a big fan. I mean, this number is kind of creepy-crazy, but I like it. 



Her and Hailee are both powerhouses. I'm calling it right now - Hailee, Alexia, Virgil, and Neptune in the top 4. I mean - look at this! I can't find the video from when the judges gave their critiques, which was the best part, but I'll keep looking. 


Also, Neptune and Kate need to get married. NOW.


Such chemistry. I can't even handle it. You can tell they're both mature, seasoned dancers that have a little bit of an edge on the younger crowd - they've lived more, felt more. I hope she can keep up with the strenuous schedule. 

What I was most concerned about were these new judges. While I miss the Hot Tamale Train like no other, I actually think about 75% of the time Paula Abdul doesn't sound half bad. Jason Derulo, on the other hand... I just laugh when they come to him first, because he's always like "Uh...I liked the choreography, what a great job by our choreographer..." and then names like a specific crowd-pleasing move and then everyone cheers and then he sits back and is like "Awwww yeah, nailed it." He makes like one legitimate comment per show. Pretty good for Jason Derulo, I'll admit. But the rest of the time it's like "Ummmmmm...whatcha say?" (Haha, now that song is stuck in your head.) Thank goodness for Nigel keeping it somewhat together. Sheez. I'm  not totally on board with them yet, but they aren't as terrible as I thought they'd be. I'd like some guest judges soon, though. Maybe that ballerina that was kind of snobby but actually had some good remarks? Or really anyone but Jason Derulo...

-K

Comments