Wednesday Books - The Smartest Book in the World

This week, I picked up Greg Proops' book, "The Smartest Book in the World". Oh, you don't remember Greg Proops? Maybe this will help you remember...


That's right, Greg Proops of WLIIA fame wrote a book, just like Colin Mochrie (although unfortunately, Colin's book isn't at the library.) He breaks the book into sections about music, movies, poetry, women, and historical figures you should know. I get bored in the movies and women section, since they're all movies I haven't heard of and the women usually bimbos, but the rest of it is fairly interesting. I think my favorite section so far is the one where he creates his ideal baseball team out of famous women in history that actually did something instead of star in movies.

That said, this book is purely bubblegum entertainment. Like a friend asked me, "So, it's basically a book about topics you can bring up when conversation lags at a party?" Yeah, pretty much. Entertaining, a little crass, extremely witty, but nothing groundbreaking here. It was a good book to read when I was at C's intramural flag football games though. Hopefully I'll finish it today, hopefully? It's taken me a long time since we've had a lot of things going on/I really really wanted to watch Camp Rock/Teen Beach Movie last night and not read. Sometimes I feel smart, sometimes I don't. Yesterday was a "bring on the Netflix" kind of day. 

-K

Comments