Pre-Wednesday Books - Steelheart

I finished Starbird Murphy and the World Outside this week, so that was good. It was a fun little quick read, everything ends as you want it to, although a bunch of questions remain. It wasn't tied up enough for me, but for a short little YA general fiction book it did all right. I'm glad Starbird decided to stay in Seattle and go to school, and that she and Ben ended up together instead of her and dumb Indus. And personally, I believe her father is Iron John, not EARTH. That guy's a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

This week, I reached out (on the recommendation of a friend) for Brandon Sanderson's Steelheart. Normally the science fiction genre isn't my favorite, but I trust E's opinion so I'm taking a whack at it (said in Parent Trap style).

*"Bad to the Bone" plays in the background* 
That being said, my stomach has been on strike lately (Rice Chex and water, anyone?) so I haven't felt like doing anything other than laying on a couch and watching Parks and Rec/Gilmore Girls/Bride and Prejudice (yeah, I'm back to Bollywood and I have no regrets.) But I promise I'll at least start Steelheart today...Even if I don't get past the first chapter... At least I'll start. And I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday. And as is common when my stomach decides it wants to punch itself in the face repeatedly, I'm wearing an awesome shirt today, which makes me feel a little better. Downside: They're fixing the elevator outside my office, which apparently requires a lot of headache-inducing drilling for 45-second intervals. Thaaaaaaaanks for that. But hey, at least I can be grateful no one will whine at me about it being broken anymore.

I made another cat hat! This one was called "Shark Attack", and it did not disappoint.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I believe my cat-hat-making days are over for now, and I should probably read a book that isn't about crocheting. But it was fun while it lasted. I might try the hardest pattern in the book - the dreaded cowboy hat! Too bad the only yarn colors I have at home are the ones in the shark hat, plus lime green. Oh well. I'll make it work somehow. 

(Also, since I looked up Parent Trap pictures trying to find a gif of when she says "I"ll take a whack at it" and found this instead, I'll post it. Seems fitting of my attitude at the moment.)

This may be my favorite part of the entire movie...
Which is saying a lot, because I can quote this movie back to front,
thanks to me and N's childhood obsession with it.
-K

Comments