Pretend for the Weekend

Outside, the night's as young as us
Tonight, it's just the two of us
Pretend, pretend for the weekend.

(points if you know the song without Google.)

It was a good weekend, people. A busy one, but for the most part a good one.

It started with a late-night movie in the great outdoors.

P doesn't like Cinderella because it's too girly so she enjoyed making this face at me the entire night
(Side note: I guess you get what you pay for with an outdoor free movie, but what's with people clapping during movies? What is that about? Why is it a thing now?)

Also, I made a  thing! Well, a couple things. These are the ones I could get pictures of. The cross-stitch is for my friend M's wedding, she's a big Dr. Who person and although I'm not really into it I figured she would enjoy it. The embroidery on the phone booth took a lot longer than I expected but it turned out awesome. 


Then, I got this book on crocheting hats for cats at the library (yes, it's a real thing, look it up.) 

See?!
So I decided to make Stella a hat since she's the weirdest cat ever and the world deserved to see her in a cat hat. I figure she can wear it casually around the house, or when we get a cat harness we can take her on walks with it. The possibilities are endless here. 

Fun fact: When making a cat hat, remember that your hat is never complete without a pom-pom. Also wrap your cat in a blanket or towel when putting the hat on your cat or else it'll attack you angrily, for no reason. I made you a hat, you dumb thing. Appreciate my craftsmanship! Thankfully, P was willing to hold Stella while I made her the biggest fashion statement of this century.  

Are you seeing this? I can't even stand it. 

I can't stop laughing at this picture. It's physically impossible. 
Of course, as soon as we let her go she jumped on the floor and attacked the hat like it had insulted her and the entire feline family, and then left it in a crumpled mess on the floor. I was slightly offended. Perhaps she'll get more used to it? I mean, C likes it just fine: 


Come on, Stella. Get with the program. 

Me and C also got to go to an RSL game, which is always special for us because that was our first date (insert heart emoji). See?

Circa 2013
So here we are, almost two years later, at the same stadium, same time, even the same team they were playing on our first date (Houston Dynamo). And the outcome was the same - We are the champions! It's always fun to go to a sporting event with C, and this one was great. Got to see two goals AND a red card up close - my lucky day!  

Awesome seats - I love when coworkers are nice and give you tickets when they can't go :D
Beautiful night with my favorite person :)
So it was a pretty good weekend, all in all. Now I have to hurry and read a book so I actually have a book to review for Wednesday. I just went to the library so I've got a full stack - bring it on!

-K
Favorite person!

Comments