It's Party Time, Chumps

America party time, that is! The Fourth of July was awesome, as always. Since it's one of me and C's favorite holidays it's always a fun day. 

This year brought the afore-mentioned Candy Bomber, which was amazing. He flew over three times with two other planes with him, and it was awesome. History! I saw history! I got to see one of my favorite people in the whole world do what I've always want to see him do. It was amazing. 

Waiting for the flyover to start. We didn't dare attempt to enter the hordes of people at Scera Park, so we hung out by a  nice business building across the street and got to sit in the shade on nice grass :)
First flyover. Didn't get the third plane in the picture, but whatever.  Halvorsen was in the big plane on the bottom. 
Yesssssssssss
There he is!
Yay parades! (sorry for the picture B, but I just like it for no explainable reason. Your face definitely has something to do with it though...) And can I just say, if we didn't live right off the parade route, I would definitely not be a fan of this parade. But since we do, might as well take advantage of it. 

I mean, we both look bad, so, whatever.
 We had a barbecue at Grandma and Grandpa's house, which is always a good choice because she makes the only potato salad I can actually eat. I don't know what it is about potato salad, it's just so... ugh. But hers is good. C rather enjoyed getting to use the grill. 
Sassy Grilling C in his natural habitat
And of course, fireworks! Since P is deathly afraid of fireworks and N was in town, they stayed at Grandma's together while we walked down to see the neighborhood's collections of aerials they'd purchased. And holy crap. I've seen city firework shows that were less impressive than this one. It went on for over 20 minutes while they lit them about 50 feet away. I've never been more afraid in my recent life than when the first set went off and they were pretty much right in our faces. It was slightly terrifying, but it was amazing. That is America, my friends. The power to buy absurdly powerful fireworks and then shoot them off in your driveway. Let freedom ring!

I know pictures of fireworks suck and no one should ever take them unless you're a professional photographer. I get it. But I had to take this one so you know how close we were. This is from about 40 yards away. The illuminated parts on the bottom are where they were being lit from, and then obviously the top is is the massive fireworks. Only slightly scary for the first little bit. And then when all this ash came off of us as we were walking home. 
And now, more random pictures about the greatness of America, because no Fourth of July is ever complete without Ron Swanson.



And, because soccer is awesome! And Team USA won the freaking FIFA World Cup! Take that, every other country ever!!! America!!!  


-K

Comments