Katelyn Watches TV

Yes, I'm doing this. You can't stop me! Lately a lot of exciting things have happened in the TV world and I'm going to write about it! Haha! And also, work is el lameo today, meaning there's nothing going on. Aaaaaaaand it's snowing... But anyways, to the list!

Gilmore Girls: Yes, this show aired back in like 2005. But still! I'm at the part where Rory and Dean are starting to have conversations again and I'm like NOOOOOO!!! Was Jess a jerk? Yes. But to run back to Dean?!! Come on, Rory. You're better than that... In other news, Lorelei and Luke's relationship is starting to get all cute, woohoo!


Selfie: Well, the show that I love is seemingly cancelled :( I've been tweeting to try and get it back but I think it's gone for good, and right when it was starting to get good! This show has a lot of potential! I mean, what if someone had decided to quit Friends after like five episodes? Or heaven forbid, Gilmore Girls??? I think my favorite thing about this episode is John Cho. I loved him in Go On (which also got cancelled) and I love him here. This role really suits him. I've been trying to tweet #saveSelfie and I keep getting a bunch of retweets, which is cool because that's never happened to me before but still, if it was all for naught...


Red Band Society: While the initial premise of this show is somewhat ridiculous (a bunch of teens get to live in super nice, bright, clean, cute hospital while dealing with their various illnesses? Yeah, uh-huh...) I have quite enjoyed this show. Me and C watch it together on Wednesday nights, it's kind of our thing. And no matter how crappy I feel or how much I hate cooking, we always have a nice meal on Wednesday nights. Yesterday I even baked scones, for crying out loud. And they turned out, thank you very much. Although they were rather sticky to begin with, we added a bunch of flour and it turned out okay. But anyways, back to RBS. While the premise is flawed, the emotion is real. Pen up a bunch of angsty teenagers in a hospital, and you get some interesting stuff. Plus it's narrated by a kid in a coma, so that's an interesting perspective. Also, it has Octavia Spencer in it, who is my absolute favorite right now (The Help, anyone? AKA my favorite book/movie ever!!!)
 

Master Chef Jr.: First off, I really love the premise of home cooks getting to be in a competition. I love the fact that none of them have had any professional training. But when kids are in the competition? Oh my gosh. So cute! They're all so nice to each other! One girl's chicken was under-cooked so she was crying, and every single kid came over to give her a hug and tell her that it was okay, and it was just so cute! Restores my faith in kids. Because usually I don't like them.

Castle: OHMYGOSH THEY GOT MARRIED! CASKETT FOREVER!!!


Arrow: While I'm not entirely caught up, I am caught up with the gist of what's happening. Man. Ollicity. I need more Ollicity! And I'm loving the introduction of Arsenal and the Canary. Totally didn't see that coming!

The Flash: While I'm also not caught up on this one, I have seen the Felicity visits episode, and man. Plus, Tom Cavanagh! I have loved him ever since "Trading Christmas" (a Hallmark original, N loves Hallmark, don't judge...) so it's interesting for me to see him in a "Is he good? Is he bad?" type of role.

Aaaaaand that's all the shows I'm into at the moment. Come back next week for more of my thoughts about TV! Or anything in general, really. Hence the reason I write this blog and you read it.

Later,

K

Comments