A Slight Vent

Ugh. It's Monday, everybody! I keep forgetting how much I hate them until they come around again. Today is no different, although it sucks even more than usual because it's FREEZING outside and my blow dryer is broken so my hair is always wet and... ugh. I just need to pony up and buy a new one, I suppose.

The real reason I'm annoyed is because... I don't know how to describe it. *use your words, K...* Okay. I'm trying. I guess the main reason I'm annoyed is that people are such complainers (including myself, I'm not perfect, no way.) But my biggest annoyance are when people are like "my problem my problem my problem" on social media, but they don't understand that they brought it upon themselves. So you're poor. Big deal. Maybe if you didn't go on five million Disney trips you wouldn't be so poor. Just a thought. Ugh. It's like people complaining that they're fat and then eating an entire package of Oreos to console themselves. Helloooooooo, people. The solution is right there!

*sigh*

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, how are you guys? Good? Good. Getting excited for Thanksgiving? I'm not, but whatever. I suppose it comes from too many years of having my birthday and Thanksgiving celebrated very close together, which sucks. The worst is your birthday ON Thanksgiving, when everyone's like "Oh, fun! You get to have pie on your birthday!" Newsflash people: NO. Just no. I want a cake. With candles! You can't put candles in a PIE! I mean, you can, if it was a pumpkin or something. But that's not the point. Birthdays on holidays are just... crap. My family always did a pretty good job of making the focus on me on my birthday, even if it was on Thanksgiving, but that resentment still lingers in the back of my mind. Stupid Thanksgiving... Plus this year, we have a strange group going to Thanksgiving. We have my sister, back from Idaho, with her roommate that she used to dislike (I think there was boy drama...?) but now is bringing to Thanksgiving (?!?!) N's excuse is "She's swearing off boys!" Yeah, and I'm swearing off peppermint ice cream. Not going to happen, people. Anyway. So we have awkward "I've sworn off boys, I promise" roommate, as well as me and C, and then C's brother since he has nowhere to go. That's not a problem. I'm worried about the awkward roommate, though. For no real reason, I guess. I just have a gloomy sense of foreboding. Haha, although it'll be unfortunate for N and her roommate, since our basement isn't finished yet and they have nowhere to sleep... Maybe the basement will be at least livable by then, who knows. I've yet to put up a picture of the new house! Dangit. I don't think I have a good one on my phone. Let me look... I don't. Just one of the kitchen. I'll take some with my legit camera and post them up here soon.

As far as plans go, this week we have C's last concert of his collegiate career, as well as the premiere of Mockingjay I'm going to with my friend S. While I pretty much hated the book (Suzanne Collins really crapped out on us... in a big way...) maybe the movie will be better?  Hopefully? I'm still confused as to why they need to split it into two parts, but whatever.

I'm also attempting to be crafty this week. I'm making a bunting!

Observe the bunting!
I bought this cheap pack of scrapbook paper that has all these pages for different holidays, and the Thanksgiving ones are pretty cute, so I'm making a seasonal bunting to hang up in our apartment. I'm not super crafty but I think I can manage to cut paper into a triangle. Yesterday me and C watched a cute Christmas movie and I cut buntings for awhile. Man, yesterday I was very productive. We made a pork roast, potatoes, and an apple crisp. Yeah, you read that right. My cooking skills are improving! Except for that one time I melted a spatula to the pan. That wasn't so good. But lately I've been doing okay. Betty Crocker hasn't let me down yet!

Pic for the road?

From a mall date a few weeks back. I turn around and he's put this on...
Later,

K

Comments