Well, Now I'm Back in Crappy Chicago/Year Recap

Well guys, Christmas break was pretty awesome. I needed to get back to Utah, and thankfully we were able to this year. Seeing all my sisters was awesome, and multiple times on this trip I was like "Dang. I'm related to some awesome people." I mean, P got a special solo in her school play, R is freaking almost done with high school, and N is finishing up college! Whaaaaaaaaat! Who said my little sisters could grow up?!

Anyway, I'll have to do another post about that some other time. Today is Recap 2015 Day! Ready for this??? Hahahahahahahahahaha me neither. *cries*

Onward!

January
At the beginning of the year, I was working part-time at UVU in the Finance and Business Office while C went to school full-time and worked at BYU Moving part-time. His last semester! I discovered that awesome recipe for Italian herb bread that has become a staple in our house. I was a bridesmaid in M's beautiful winter wedding. We attended C's last band banquet. C took the GRE. We started applying for graduate schools.

Thankfully it wasn't too cold at M's wedding!

February
Me and W saw Jupiter Ascending and haven't stopped laughing since (but seriously.) I became obsessed with Parks and Rec (and that hasn't stopped either.) I answered five thousand stupid questions about taxes at my job. Me and C celebrated Valentine's Day by going out to our favorite Italian place, Terra Mia, and then building a mini-golf course in our apartment and taking turns sharing a putter we got from DI. C came down with terrible neck pain and we took a fun trip to the ER at 3 AM. I helped at P's play costume creation workshop where I burned off all my fingertips  hot-gluing felt pieces to other felt pieces. I mourned Bernard's passing to the great fish tank in the sky. We went to a bunch of BYU Men's Volleyball games (DID YOU HEAR STEVE VAIL IS CALLING THE GAME THIS FRIDAY??? My excitement cannot be contained!!!)

I am Ron...
March
We finished watching Parks and Rec. Callin got accepted to three different graduate schools. I lived through my first March Madness being married to C, and did surprisingly well at his bracket challenge. We celebrated Mom and R's birthdays. P rocked her school play. (Does anyone else feel like March lasts forever and yet, nothing happens...?)

Go go go P!
April
Me and C got to attend another good friend's sealing to her husband in the same room we were sealed in. Even though UVU went on spring break, I still had to come to work. We enjoyed our Easter/conference weekend and all the candy that comes with it. BYU Baseball started and me and C started attending some games (popcorn!) Me and Mom and Dad built bookshelves. We celebrated P's birthday, and went to see her in her Hope of America show. C graduated!

He's a Bachelor!
May
Me and C took a trip out to Philadelphia and Chicago to visit his top two grad school options. We watched P dominate the soccer pitch. B graduated from high school. C had to quit his job at BYU and started looking for summer employment, which usually involved working outside.

Valley Forge, PA
June
Me and C celebrated our first wedding anniversary by going to work/laying sod. I started reading a lot more. I started to get into crocheting amigurumi and kept working on my cross-stitching. We learned how to make key lime pie. We celebrated C's birthday. I discovered the Amish store in Provo and it pretty much made my whole month.

Yay for C!
July
We went and saw Gail Halvorsen do a candy drop in Orem as part of our Fourth of July celebrations. We went to a massive neighborhood fireworks show that rivaled Stadium of Fire, I swear. We went to the Freedom Festival parade (only because it's like a block away...) We went to an old roommate's beautiful reception and an RSL game. We started prepping for our move to Chicago. I learned how to crochet cat hats. 

We love parades!
August
Many, many episodes of SYTYCD were watched. Friends and family threw us moving-away parties. We relocated from Provo to Glenview, and took up residence in Crazy Cat Lady's house. We discovered the nearest Costa Vida is a 40-minute train ride away, and while there's lots to do in Chicago, unless you have money you can't do most of it. We applied like crazy for jobs.

Stupid snake truck...
September
We continued to hunt for jobs and keep ourselves busy. I started crocheting Christmas gifts (out of boredom.) I enjoyed the use of Netflix. C got himself hired at a temp agency and started getting money in for us. He also started his first semester of grad school. I got an Instagram. We started discovering things in Chicago, like Northwestern University and the Home Alone house. BYU football started and C *quite* enjoyed the end of the Nebraska game. We discovered Chipotle is meh.

Lake Michigan
October
I finally got a job at Oakton Community College. We spent a lot of time researching apartments and talking with real estate agents. I totally redesigned this blog. We cooked in Crazy Cat Lady's kitchen when she went out of town. I started reviewing books for the BYU CBMR. We discovered the beauty of Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition. C's classes got harder and harder, but he did great.

The only part of our living situation I enjoyed
November
We moved into our own apartment! C finished his first semester of grad school with all As. We went to Costa Vida for my birthday and saw the Peanuts movie and had turkey taco soup for Thanskgiving. We started to get excited for our trip back to Utah.

Costa Vida!!!
December
We decorated our two Christmas trees and I finished crocheting and starching my snowflakes. I started a Utah countdown on my work calendars. We flew out to Utah and had an awesome Christmas break filled with everything I missed - my sisters, my parents, friends, Utah roads, Costa Vida, Wingers, Zupas, and Wallaby's, just to name a few. I saw my first Star Wars movie (Isn't Rey kick-butt?!) We went to a Jazz and a BYU basketball game. I saw the Christmas Carol, one of my favorite McDanel girls traditions. I saw my friends and in true K fashion, forgot to take pictures with any of them. Next time!

It's not fair to the rest of the world to have this much awesomeness in one picture, I know.
 So Happy New Year from the Chicago Osborns! We'll see what this next year brings...hopefully a Costa Vida in Norridge... And thanks for sticking around, readers! You're the best. Seriously though.

Last picture of us together from 2015. Go Cougars!
-K

Comments