Bye, Jeffrey

The only thing I can say about my relationship with Jeffrey is - wow, that escalated quickly. From his first night home, to his home shattering around him, to his illness, things have gone from bad to worse, and by worse I mean Jeffrey is now in the great fishtank in the sky :( I suppose I did a lot to make his last days on Earth happy ones - all the food he wanted, (even if I never saw him eat it), a cute little tank all to himself, his own plant... It's like I'm running a rest home for fish. Jeffrey was fun while he lasted, I guess.

Anyone got happier news to share? Anyone...? (YES I KNOW IT'S JUST A FISH BUT I LOVED HIM OKAY)

I'm in kind of a meh mood. A new pregnant couple that just moved into the ward gave talks on Sunday that were full of praise for the ward. I mean, they even said "I think that Midwesterners are the real salt of the earth." What the heck. What does that even mean? And then they were like "Since we've moved in, we've had so many people invite us to dinner, and help us move, and teach us to knit," and I was like being pregnant must be the key to being accepted in this ward, because no one's invited us over, ever. I mean, we spent Thanksgiving alone, and people totally knew and just didn't care. Whatever. I'm over it. I don't need you, dumb people. And I already know how to crochet so don't even talk to me. 

*surge of meh*

But guess what???


Look at my tiny new fish! They sell little tiny ones at Petco, and I figure that he can't do worse than Jeffrey, so we got him! He's already a lot more active and always swims out to say hi when I talk to him. He's dang cute. I'm thinking of doing those stupid things you see on Instagram where people prop up their babies on huge stuffed animals and they put a little sign next to them that says "Six Months!" and then list everything they like? I mean, those can be cute, but since *everyone* is doing them, they're... eh. But I made one for nameless baby boy fish. Are you ready?

Nameless fish!
Unknown age!
Likes: swimming
Dislikes: not swimming

Get excited for these weekly updates, people.

Happy Friday,

K

Comments