We Need a Little Chocolate, Right This Very Minute

All I can say about today is thank goodness for the chocolate fairies that dumped a bunch of Lindt truffles and Hershey's Kisses on my desk this morning. It's just one of those days. This is going to be an entirely random post about entirely random things and you're going to like it, dangit.

The chocolate fairies are real! Also note my CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN!!!
In other news, trying to get our Christmas card to work has been driving me crazy. I like the idea of designing my own and not paying extra for whatever Walmart comes up with but geez. Free software only gets you so far. It's so frustrating having good ideas and being unable to see them come to fruition because you don't have the tools. Whatever. I'll just send you all an e-Christmas card and you can all ooh and aah over my pathetic design skills. Hahaha *cries*

Well, the apartment is looking somewhat festive. Our two trees are up, our Nativity is set up, and I'm in the process (or, I will be this afternoon...) of making Christmas bunting for our window! My obsession with bunting has not ceased. Nor will it ever cease!

My crocheting is going well, thanks for asking. Remember this time last year when I said my projects looked like they'd been ran over? Well, I can't put up pictures on this blog (heh heh heh secret present surprises) but don't worry, friends. This year is going to be way better than last year in that department.

It's also supposed to get to like 55 degrees out here today so me and C are debating taking a jaunt into jolly olde Chicago and seeing what's out there around this time of the year. Costa Vida may or may  not be inhaled on this trip. I'm not perfect, people. But Costa is.

***Brag about C Minute: C had a second interview with a great company yesterday! We're hoping and praying this internship works out. Send your prayers this way, people!***

Me and C are depressed that we couldn't watch The Wiz Live on NBC yesterday. We watched Peter Pan Live last year and it was pretty much the highlight of our year, thanks to Christopher Walken and the guy in the crocodile suit...and no musical would be complete without Anna Kendrick twitter commentary. She is the only person to make me laugh until I cry on Twitter. I think she live-tweeted this one too, so at least I'll have something fun to read on my lunch break.

Question for the general blogging universe - What is the deal with Elf on a Shelf? Am I the only one who finds it totally unnecessarily creepy? There's no way I'm the only one out there. It seems like a lot of work for zero positive outcome. I don't know. Call me Scrooge, But if that's your favorite holiday tradition I submit that you are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

This has been your entirely random and useless update.

Signing off,

K

Comments

  1. Dude, Elf on the shelf, man. What are you supposed to do if your kids accidentally touch it? Or touch it the day before Christmas? Are you SERIOUSLY going to tell them that they just negated Christmas for themselves?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment