Play that Christmas Music, White Boy

Now that my birthday and Thanksgiving are over, you can all listen to Christmas music. And if you were listening to it before then, well, I am disappointed in you. Unlike the title of this blog, C does not like Christmas music as much as the next guy. Let me rephrase - C doesn't like Christmas as much as the next guy. But unfortunately for him he married a Christmas addict with no hope of recovery. >:) Which means haul out the holly, because it's DECORATING TIME!

Well, if we had holly I'd pull it out. All we have is a small box of decorations and two Christmas trees. We are still perplexed as to where the other tree came from. Neither of us can come up with anything. We'll just take it as a Christmas miracle and roll with it.

*Dwight raises roadkill goose into the air*
So my birthday was fun. My coworker got me one of those Mylar balloons that never dies, so I promptly taped it to my computer so everyone would awkwardly ask if it was my birthday. Yay! C ended up getting out of his final by taking it the weekend before, so he surprised me and so we took the train down to the only Costa Vida within like 500 miles of Chicago. It was awesome!!! I missed it so much! He also got me a beautiful lily bouquet :) We also ran into the Christkindlmarket completely by accident, which is this cute little German/Austrian market that sells all sorts of hand-painted ornaments and authentic German food and all sorts of cool things. I guess it's one of the things you *have* to see if you live in Chicago, and we saw it! By accident. Ha.

Balloon! Packages! Flowers!

Costa Vida!

Fancy Ornaments!
So it ended up being a good day!

Thanksgiving was okay too. We went and saw the Peanuts movie together, and we were the only ones in the theater. Besides an awkward old couple that came in an hour after the movie started, sat there for 15 minutes, and then left again. It was weird. But regardless, the Peanuts movie is cute and I love Woodstock & Snoopy. I always have, I'm a nerd like that. But man. Such a cute movie!

Ahahaha if you've seen this movie, this part I laughed so ridiculously hard at. I was dying. I have no explanation.
Then we made some taco soup (with ground turkey in it, of course) and that was about it. I can now listen to Christmas music without being annoyed so that's good. Watched my first cheesy Netflix Christmas movie last night so that means the season has truly begun!

-K

Comments