Baby, It's Semi-Warm Outside

Man, my Utah friends got hit hard with snow this week. I thought that's what would happen in Chicago but turns out, we've had like 40-55 degree weather this week and I've been wearing skirts without tights. It's been pretty amazing. I figure the weather will suck out here soon enough but I'm loving this weather at the moment. I mean, most of the grass in Chicago is still green. I don't understand it. But it's beautiful.

In other news, I have come up with a name for all my blog readers - McBrickers. Yay/nay?

To all my McBrickers in school, good luck with finals week! We sent little care packages to all our siblings in college, so that was fun. I hope they all got them by now :S Who knows. Mail can suck sometimes. I ordered something for my dad for Christmas awhile ago from Target but it's not here yet :( 

Another point to the negative column - Pandora decided that "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" is suddenly a Christmas Classic. Um no. I disliked that faster than I disliked that one time they played country music on my Today's Hits station. And that's saying something. 

At this point, I can honestly say I'm more excited to go home than I am for Christmas. I mean, I love both, but going home wins. Each day I get to cross off on my work calendar makes me really excited. We're at one week, people!!! 

Presents are *almost* done, and now I get to wrap them. You all know how much I love wrapping presents. My grandma used to work at ZCMI wrapping presents during the holidays and hers always look absolutely perfect, so I've tried to learn from her wrapping skills and I'm nowhere close to that, but I'll get there one day, right? Maybe? I would love to work wrapping presents all day. Good use of a college degree, I know. But it would be fun. 

***Brag about C Minute*** C's doing well. He cleans our apartment while he's at home, and works on his project he's the leader of. He actually has a meeting downtown today so he'll be able to get out of the house, which will be fun for him. He also made some really great mashed potatoes for our dinner on Sunday. Idk. What else should I brag about? Nothing really big has happened this week... 

C did pick out a really good book for my birthday I've been getting through (when I'm not crocheting or watching Christmas movies on Netflix). It's called All the Light We Cannot See, and it's just what I like - a unique perspective on WWII. It's one of those where you don't want to finish it because then you'll be done reading it, and after that book is done the only books I have left that I own that I haven't read are Seabiscuit and Wuthering Heights. I mean, those are fine books, but there's something about a good historical fiction that I just love. Ahh. My to-read list just gets longer and longer, and I freaking love it. (Click here to see my Goodreads...if you dare)

Random update complete!

-K

Comments

Post a Comment