The Force is Extremely Weak With This One

As expected, all social media outlets have exploded with Star Wars. Which is fine, I was expecting it but still. Dang. I haven't seen so many posts regarding something I don't care about since "The Dress".

"But why?" You ask, astounded. "Star Wars defined a generation! It made me who I am today! Without Star Wars there is no reason to live!!!"

To which I reply, "Meh."

I know, I'm lame. I'm extremely lame. I get that. It was a running joke in college that every boyfriend I had was like "YOU NEED TO WATCH THEM" and I would be like "Ehhhhhh", and then we'd break up and we never did...Not that breaking up was correlated to my non Star Wars knowledge (I think?)  And now I'm married and I still haven't seen them. Woo. 

I have to admit, for awhile it was fun to pull out the old "I've never seen Star Wars" when playing Never Have I Ever or some other stupid game, and seeing everyone's faces was kind of fun. Actually really fun. 

It's not like I've never watched them totally on purpose, I've just... never gotten around to it. 

And the funniest part is, my littlest sister P is SO into Star Wars. I don't understand where it came from. When did she watch them? We don't own them and I don't think any of her friends were into it a couple years ago when her obsession began. Like - where did this even come from? It's a mystery to me. And yet, here she is a couple months ago, dressed as a spunky little Darth Vader. I just don't understand how it happened. But isn't she cute!


Anyway, the point of this long stupid post was to tell you that I haven't seen Star Wars, so send spoilers up and down my social media, I care not. Although I did hear that Daniel Craig has a cameo - WHAT?! Let me tell you, that's the most inspiration I've had to sit down and watch these movies than ever before. Although I hear it's as a Stormtrooper (whatever that is) so he's probably wearing a mask, which is disappointing. Maybe I won't see it after all. What's the point if I can't even see Daniel Craig?

-K

Comments