Love You Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Basically, if you want to be inside my head right now, this is what it sounds like:


I cannot get over this song. I'm done trying. I got off my Wildest Dreams kick and went straight into this one. As well as this one:


So yeah, these two songs are basically going off all day, every day. I have a mind for bubblegum pop music, I swear.

Want to see my bookshelf? It's basically the one thing we get to ourselves in this dang house. We're going apartment hunting tomorrow and we're finding a place. That's it. There is no other option. But anyway, back to the bookshelf...



Cute, right? For someone who only gets a shelf to decorate? Here's what's on there, from left to right:
- Trick or Treat sign, AKA our one Halloween decoration. (well we have P's Halloween drawing taped to the wall but I couldn't fit it in the picture...) Thank you Target $1 bin.
- Paper crane - We got this when the sister missionaries came to have dinner with us the first Sunday we lived here. It was used as an object lesson about how we are all a piece of paper, and the Lord has the power to make us something beautiful and awesome. Since the sister missionaries are basically my only friends I like to look at my paper crane and remember that someone in Chicago thinks I'm cool. C's crane is hidden behind our festive sign, and serves to remind us that even if we make mistakes folding our paper crane and our paper tears, the Lord can still make us into something cool.
- Mexican Sprite - You all know I love that stuff.
- Winter's Tale - AKA the one of the weirdest, most useless books I've ever read. The fact this was made into a movie is ridiculous. This book was such a joke. One page of beautiful prose does not make up for an entire lack of a comprehensive story.
- Between the Notes - Remember this sucker? Oh yeah.
- Zombies vs. Unicorns - This book sounds cool, right? Like maybe a little interesting? Save yourself the trouble and read my review. Click here to read it!!! I tried to make this book sound better for the review but I honestly was not impressed by it. Short stories are not my thing.
- Mexican Fanta - See note on Mexican Sprite.
- Card - This one was drawn by P. It has a cicada doing a tap dance and singing on the front of it. It's a running joke between us that every letter we send has a cicada drawn on it in some kind of silly costume. The last one she sent me had an opera singer cicada on it.
- Utah love - This beautiful handiwork was sent to me by one of my great friends back in Utah. It's a hand-stitched Utah with a heart right where Pleasant Grove is. It's one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. When I opened her box and I saw this, I literally cried. Good friends, man. You all wish you had a friend as good as E. She also sent a beautiful hand-painted watercolor of the Chicago skyline but only one thing fit on the shelf :( I"ll put up a picture of that soon too. It's amazing. But her little goodie box came on one of the crappiest days ever, so every time I look at my little PG heart up there on the shelf I'm reminded that guess what, people still care about me. Even if I feel alone and hate it here most of the time.

Again, shoutout to all the people that text me, that put things on my Facebook, or call me, or Google Chat me, or whatever you do to let me know I'm not forgotten out here. You guys are the best. N, B, N, E, W, R, P, M, S... and everyone else who's reached out. You guys are awesome. 

What I'm doing with all of you in my mind

-K

Comments