HC&M: Un-meh-lievable

Well friends, another week has come and gone... let's get right to it.

Happy
- I got the job! I guess my references were good enough, or that they least remembered who I was! We're going to have income again! I mean, we've had some lately due to C's temp job which has been amazing, but to have a steady, dependable income? Words cannot describe. That means we can FINALLY GET OUT OF THIS PLACE!!! Yessssss!!! I am now the administrative assistant for two deans in the Health and Science department at a local community college. Hopefully I'm good at it and people like me. I generally can find at least one person at a job that I like, even if the work sucks, so I'm hoping that stays true here.
- I tried some pumpkin-flavored Greek yogurt and it was awesome.
- CBMR update: Guess who's getting PUBLISHED! Well, not really. My review about someone else's publication will be published! Online! For the world to see and love! Or see and hate. Whatever. Deal with it, people. But anyway - Check out this website on Thursday to see my lovely book review!
- This has me thinking. I should write a book. No, really. It's a thing. Friends have told me this for years and C has told me that ever since we met but this crap needs to happen for real now. The only problem is I am story-less. I don't know much about writing, but I know it needs a story. I mean, I've read crap books that didn't really have one, but a book by Katelyn HAS to be good. I could never live with myself knowing I wrote a Twilight. Or anything resembling a mediocre paperback romance. I just... I have to live with myself after writing said book, you know?
- Good week for the family back home - R got her senior pictures done (and she's so dang pretty! Where were all those genes when I was a senior???) Observe her picture:

Courtesy of Keil Creations Photography
Aaaaand here's mine. I'm SO glad senior pictures in a studio are dying. So glad.

I don't remember who did these...
Mine isn't bad. I get it. But imagine how much better they would have been if I could have taken mine in a great location! Or any location that wasn't like in an old barn filled with strange fake woodland props...

Crappy
- This week was difficult for C school-wise. He has a class that is very time-consuming with all the busywork it assigns. He was able to get it all done through a lot of hard work, which is never a bad thing, but it means I see him even less. Oh well. This is what we signed up for. I thought people were joking when they said you'll see your significant other less after you get married. Hahahahahaha they're not. I mean, we knew it would be like this, and we knew this was going to be worth it, but it's so lame in the meantime. Good thing I've got my books, my crocheting, and Gilmore Girls for the lonely times.
- I cannot count how many spiders me and C (mostly C) have killed in this house. The limit does not exist. I swear.

Meh
- Today I realized I got married the same year as one of N's friends. Let me repeat - I got married the same year as one of my 20-year-old sister's friends. Is that weirding anyone else out? Just me? Okay. No, I can't let this go. I have to express myself. What is with people getting married at the same time as me that are younger than me? I'm pretty young! I got married when I was 22. But imaging me getting married when I was like 19? HAHAHAHAHA People that knew me then, please chime in here. That would have been a terrible idea. And I don't know these people. They could have been way more mature than me and ready for that type of commitment. That's awesome. Color me impressed. But people. Let us think about our marital decisions before we make them.
- I'm getting really bored of my current crochet project. I really want to move on to another project I have planned but I'm only about halfway through with this one :/ I just want to power through and finish. Thankfully Arrow season 3 is up so I can get all caught up on that while I'm crocheting. And adding a collection of Worst Cooks in America? Oh, Netflix. You get me.



It's so fun to watch people cook that are worse than me. So vindicating. And the fact that Jeleel went home? Ugh. Come on. He was the best part of that show. Well, him and JWoww...


-K

Comments