HC&M: Unchained Meh-lody

Well here we are, the most exciting time of the week! That's right - It's Happy, Crappy, and Meh time!!! *audience applauds*

Happy
- Guess who found pumpkin-flavored oatmeal AND pumpkin-flavored bagels at Target? Hehehehe this girl. Plus I had a pumpkin cupcake yesterday and it was beautiful. Autumn forever!
- Figured out a crochet project that was giving me difficulty. It's starting to look pretty good now!
- Remember that interview for that job last week? Well, since I hadn't heard anything I was pretty sure I didn't get it, but they called today telling me they're going to contact all my references and keep the process going! So that's a plus, I guess. I have never had a job actually call references before. And since this is just a community college I figured they wouldn't be so fancy about it but hey. I might still have a shot at this! (But calling references for a community college administrative assistant job... really?)
- I am now an official reviewer for the BYU Children's Book and Media Review! Not a paid position...at least not with money, but I get FREE BOOKS! I got my books to review recently so I'll get those going and give you guys a heads-up on when you can go over to this website and read my book reviews! Think of it as a much fancier Wednesday Books. It's going to be awesome.
- My high school sister made All-State Choir! Because she's a singing boss and you all should try to be like her. Just kidding! But really. I'm really sad I can't be there in person, but she showed me where to listen to the stuff they're doing and some of it is so good! Intense to learn I'm sure, but good! Choir music can sometimes sound like it's so much harder than what the music looks like, but on the other hand sometimes the simplest-sounding song can be the hardest by far to learn. I'm so proud of her!
- Now that I'm on a choir kick, I went back and listened to all my old University Chorale stuff. So good! I mean, we weren't audition so we weren't the best choir on campus or anything, but we still did so dang good. We even sold out our last concert I was a part of. Never happened before! It was all thanks to our choir director, Patrick. Definitely one of the best musical experiences of my life.

Crappy
- Me and C had a little accident that involved him accidentally hitting me in the eye with his chin and causing me great pain all day yesterday. Laugh all you want. It hurt so badly. Thankfully today it's greatly improved. But I have seriously never hurt so badly in my eye area in my life. And this is coming from the girl that used to wear hard contacts. But I'll never complain about a reason to watch Gilmore Girls (or more like listen to, since I couldn't really look at bright things.)
- Our landlady told us we had to switch rooms in her house, for no real reason other than to get out of her daughter's room that we had previously been staying in. I don't get her. I don't. She's like the type of person that will give you a suggestion but then be mortally offended if you choose not to follow it, ie "You could always move rooms to the one down the hall..." But hello. If I wanted to be bossed around I would tell you. And fun fact, I NEVER like being bossed around. So don't do it to me. End of story. Although she did share some pie with us so that was nice. But still. I'm not a kid. Stop telling me how to arrange our rented room. Go awayyyyyyy. Also I think she has house guests again but I can't be sure. There's an extra car outside and has been for two days but I don't hear any extra people...? I'm over it. Get me in my own freaking apartment or some bad stuff might go down.

Meh
- They were out of rice at Panda Express last time we went. Their rice cooker was broken. What the heck. One can not adequately enjoy Chinese food on top of steamed veggies. It just isn't the same.
- Landlady "suggested" we put a coat hanger-rack thing in our room. So now it's in here. I've never had one before. They seem pointless. Right now it's covered in a fleece blanket I'm air-drying. But what the heck? Don't these fulfill the same functions as, I don't know, a closet..?

See, I'm getting better! Way more Happys than Crappys this week!

-K

Comments