HC&M: A Meh-morable Week

This was a busy week! And yet, I still feel like I have nothing to say.

Happy
- I started my job! This job should freaking get its own edition of HC&M. Maybe next week. Suffice it to say I have income now, which means...
- We can FINALLY get an apartment! Yay!!! The day we have been waiting for!!! Unfortunately, we didn't find any we liked when we went looking last week. We're giving it another go with Ash, our real estate agent. Turns out Chicago is nothing like Provo. And for all of you who responded to that comment with an overwhelming "DUH", in this instance I'm talking about when finding an apartment. At home, you jump on KSL or you ask around and somebody always knows somebody. Here? A real estate agent is your best bet. He get access to properties that aren't on popular sites like Zillow or HotPads, and best of all, he's payed by the complexes, not by you. So if you know which ones he represents, it's easy to know which ones he'll push harder and which ones he won't. Ash has been great so far, and we're excited to go hunting again this weekend with him and find a great place. Although at this point, my definition of "great" is that it is not currently being inhabited by a persnickety lady.
- I'm published I'm published I'm published! E-published! Click here to read my review! They even made it a featured review. I feel so cool. Even though probably no one will read it besides the people that clicked on it from my Facebook. Oh well! Add that to my writing resume...
- I restocked my stash of pumpkin bagels. They only sell them at Target out here.
- The autumn weather has been beautiful out here! So many trees with so many different colors!
- GILMORE GIRLS IS COMING BACK!!!

This is not a drill, people!!!
- C got this message from my grandma this week. It started out with her texting his phone asking for me, and then she asked how we were doing, and it evolved into this (she's the one with the white speech bubble):


HAHAHA Take it from the pros - You can't live on love alone! My grandma is amazing and all of you should be jealous.


Crappy
- I have to actually get up and be at work now. I hate working for "the man". I am so much happier self-employed (or unemployed...) Oh well. Such is life. I also think my new job is kind of crappy too. Basically, I'm the administrative assistant to two different deans in the community college - one program in the morning, and one program in the afternoon. So, not only do I have to learn the nuances of one entire department, I have to learn them for two. Twice the people whose names I'll forget, twice the amount of stuff I have to learn how to do... And it's never the same thing twice. There is no daily routine. It's just do what the deans ask you to. Which sucks for me, because anyone who knows me knows I'm a routine person. I just hope this job gets better next week because this first week pretty much sucked. 
- I'm out of my Burt's Bees.
- Living here. I am so sick of it. Every day I wake up here I feel a little more dead inside. I'm pretty sure the lady living here is getting ready to try and sell her house, so there are weird worker-people running all around at all hours hammering things into walls and fixing things and the like. I'm just done. I'm done!!! Get me out of here! I swear, living here is going to take up a full chapter in my auto-biography.

Me to C every day

Meh
- Didn't shave my legs today. Don't care. Guess I'm wearing a maxi skirt tomorrow.
- Found this on Buzzfeed, 237 Different Ways to Spell "Katelyn". This is my life! And I think I have the most logical way, right? "Katelyn" makes a ton more sense than "Kaitlinn", or "Catelinne". Why is the world so stupid sometimes? I am grateful to my parents every day for being amazing and not giving me a Utah name. Which makes sense, because they're not from Utah. But if they were...? I could have just as easily been named "Caytelynne". Can you imagine?! Ugh. 

Later,

K

Comments