Spring



Well, it's been another wacko week, people. Got really sick last week around Wednesday and have been trying to recover from that. C was a nice boy and went and got me some pebble ice, Sprite, and Saltines, so I have on a diet of approximately five Saltines and half a cup of icy Sprite a day. Well, I was. I'm all better now. But man, how many times have we gotten sick this year already? If you count the whole Christmas fiasco, I've been sick... twice and C has been sick twice too. The crap? Whoever's throwing pathogens at us, please desist.

In other, happier news, P's play is this weekend! I'm excited to go see her do whatever she's doing, she plays like five thousand parts so whatever. I also have no idea how I'm supposed to find her onstage because I feel like everyone there will look the same and I won't have her cute little red hair to find her (I guess it'll be hidden under hats and headbands and crap). I mean, I practically made all of her costumes (and boy, was that a day, I'll have to write about that sometime) but it won't help because everyone made the same ones. I had to tie a fleece skirt that looked pretty unique, hopefully that sets her apart. We call it the "battery acid" skirt since it looks like a battery exploded all over a piece of black fleece. Tickets are $1 so we'll see how many of her shows I end up going to. Bless her little heart. She's like "There's no way I'm doing the play again. No way. Even if it's The Sound of Music, I'm not doing this again." Of course, she was saying that as I shoving a fleece skirt over her head, but I think she meant it. Also, fleece skirts? Onstage? I mean, this is an indoor play. What do they think is going to happen, a freak indoor snowstorm? Hopefully everything works out. But dang, they look warm. Add in the fleece headband and sash, and she's a cute little Egyptian dancer-girl wrapped up like an Eskimo preparing for the winter.

It was R's birthday yesterday. She is awesome! She is the cooler version of me! Katelyn 2.0! No, 3.0! Or 4.0, like her GPA (I think? Close enough.) Anyway, so happy yesterday birthday R.

I'm trying to think of some kind of funny story to redeem this post from utter boredom. I'm sorry, friends. I've really been enjoying the last few days at work, nice and quiet, nobody bugging me. I even wore a skirt of my own volition yesterday, so that was cool. Don't worry friends. Back to jeans it is. For casual Friday, anyway. And man, nobody is here today! Sweet. Means I can eat my PopTart and peruse my crossword in peace. Thank goodness for small favors.

Happy weekend!

-K

Comments