Unsatisfactory Toast & A Halloween Decoration

So a little backstory behind the title of this post - once upon a time, I lived in freshman dorm housing. I really should write about that on here, there were some dang good times. But anyway, at the cafeteria where we all ate there was this awesome bread called "Grandma Emilie's". It was awesome, it was multigrain, it was the best wheat bread I'd ever had. But guess what? When Hostess went under, it turns out it owned whoever made Grandma Emilie's bread. And I haven't been able to find it since :( Pathetic, I know. But I just tried a new wheat bread and made toast with it and I'm telling you, nothing lives up to Grandma Emilie's.

Anyway, so after that pointless story, um...

Yes. Well, Halloween is coming, and we are soooo good at decorating. Observe our decoration! 


Yes, we have one decoration, which my little sister P made for us. It's a little paper ghost, which we've hung from our bunting. Isn't he festive? 

...

Yeah, we are slightly pathetic, but whatever. I just can't justify spending money to decorate when we don't have any as it is. Poor little lonely ghost needs a name though. I'll have to come up with one.

Sorry for the awful glare...
Here's another view. Note C on the couch doing some statistics something-or-other. Also note our packed bookshelf because I have waaaaaay too many books for it. Our couches used to be our grandparents', who passed  them down to my parents, who passed them on to me. They're practically an heirloom. The guitar is mine though, and I love it :)

Other news... I attempted to make snickerdoodles, and they got super flat and have the thickness of like five pieces of paper stapled together. I have no idea what happened but I'm pretty sure that's not how they're supposed to be...  They taste okay, though.

GG Update: Jess has appeared! Finally! I'm so sick of Dean. Although he finally got a haircut, so he's slightly more nice-looking now. But only ever so slightly. 

C's all back to normal, he even competed with his marching band as an exhibition at a high school competition. Boy, that was quite a day. I'll need to devote a whole post to that one. Let's just say I don't fit in there, and it's safe to say I don't think I ever will. Although I did hear a wonderful quote I can't stop laughing at:

Setting: a college stadium, approximately 2 pm. One quarter is seating maybe 100 people watching this competition go down. The winners of the 1A competition were announced (1A = tiny high schools with like... one person playing each instrument. I even saw one with one colorguard. She like... twirled around and did nothing for six whole minutes. But that's beside the point...)
Gruff, 6'2'', 300-pound scary-looking man behind me, speaking indignantly: "I don't understand why we didn't win. Our colorguard was clearly better than theirs!"
Me: *snickering*

I mean, what the heck? Some of these band parents completely confuse me. Men you'd think would be into WWE or at the very least NFL stuff are like... waaaaay into band. I don't get it. I suppose that's what I get for having a dad that's super into shooting stuff for fun. But hey, at least that can get you a bunch of venison or an antler decoration. And you get to shoot stuff. Everybody wins! ...except the deer. 

Well, on that note, have a picture of C marching around! I have no idea who he is, so... don't ask. The bottom one is him though.
You try finding him in that. Good luck, man.
Oh wait! There he is!

-K

Comments