2013 In Review

Seeing as it's the last day of 2013, I figured I would reflect back on my year, and unfortunately, as my readers, you are forced along on the journey with me. Ha ha ha!

So we start with...

January
January was pretty fun. I retook the first half of OChem (which sucked like every other time I've ever mentioned OChem), hung out with the awesome half of my apartment (remember back when I lived with the crappiest people in the world??? SO glad that's over...), saw all the guys from Kid History in person, and played a lot of Just Dance.
Me and my roommates like drawing comics...Yeah.
February
February was a rough one (read: boys suck). I was again grateful for my good roommates and friends. I don't know all that much about what happened in February...A lot of studying at the kitchen table, eating microwave popcorn and Pringles. Ooh, and those red cinnamon gummy hearts they sell at Macey's during the Valentine's Day season. Dang, those are good. Let's see...a picture...

Despite what they look like in this picture, they're the best people ever.
March
Let's see, March...It brought a lot of complaining about captioning softball at work, and absolutely loving the song "Thrift Shop". I cannot tell you how much I listened to this song in March. I also wrote debatably my best post ever, "50 Ways to Die in a Rainforest" (read it here!) I once again became acquainted with the best candy ever, Nerds Jelly Beans, and successfully got all my coworkers hooked on them. My favorite coworker left the office, which was sad because she got me through a lot. Me and M made lots of s'mores...


Bernard turned one...


And Me and Mitch found the ugliest mullet ever at Maceys. Yeah, that about sums up March.


April
April brought finals week, and me almost missing my Virology final. I remembered how much I love live jazz music, and how much I hated my dumb roommates. Psych marathons began with the cool ones, as well as throwing away the literally bags of crap that Annoying Ukranian Roommate #1 left in our apartment after she moved out. 
I mean, seriously. And it all smelled like her - AWFUL.
I also became terrified of dying in sinkholes. It's a legitimate fear. I also worked a TON. And that's about it.

I'm so legit.
May
May brought lots of fun changes, and a lot of new friends. I started loving Greek yogurt and granola, and actually started eating breakfast for a change (even if it was French toast at Kneaders...) I became official friends with C after one unusually entertaining ward prayer, I FINALLY finished the unabridged version of Les Mis, and N graduated from high school! 


June
June brought biopsies and broken cars, as well as rodeos, baseball games (working them and going to them for fun), lots of studying for the GRE, watching movies, ward activities, happiness when SYTYCD came back on, and just all-around summer fun. 


July
July was full of stuff. It started with an awesome road trip to Oregon for a cousin wedding, ugly T-shirts, me trying out Twitter for the first time (guess what, I hardly ever use it...), lots of Papa Murphy's pizzas (sans cheese for M), N's wedding, the GRE, lots of shakes, Stadium of Fire (WITH KELLY CLARKSON) and singing along to Teen Beach Movie with M.


August
Me and my roommates got really into Duck Dynasty and air popped popcorn, which is a tradition that will never die. Ever. M bought an awesome new TV, which has graced our apartment with its wonderful hi-def presence. Women's soccer started up, so I was busy captioning that, as well as all the other stuff we had going on. I started seeing C quite a bit, went to some soccer games (Real and MLS), accepted an awesome new roommate into the 314 fold, and psyched myself up to start my last first day of school as an undergrad :)


September
School started again, I took care of my concussed roommate (sadly, not for the first time...), I survived a torrential downpour at our first college football game, remembered why I hate school, went to a bunch of football games with M and lots of walks with C. I broke into the society of marching band members, and surprisingly, they all pretty much liked me. Whaa?


October
Our apartment celebrated Crown Day for the first time (don't ask...), went to lots of football games, and did some fun Halloween stuff. M also brought Clyde home (her new car), and we went on lots of grocery store runs we didn't really need just so we could listen to Fall Out Boy in the awesome sound system. Me and C went to our first dance together, and kept each other sane throughout our various weeks of projects, tests, and assignments. 

Happy  Halloween!
November
November was a fun month. I saw Catching Fire before it premiered (thanks to S), started getting along better with my boss at work, and saw SYTYCD live (thanks to C)!!! I celebrated my birthday with lots of pomp and circumstance (not really. Although I did get a cake that was full of FRUIT RINGS, which was awesome!) I would put up some pictures from SYTYCD or my birthday, but my stupid phone won't connect so I can't send them to my email. Oh well. I promise I'll put them up soon. 

Random cardboard cutouts at work...

December
December was full of tests, stress, and roommate birthdays. A picture of me and C finally went up on Facebook, I saw the lights at Temple Square, watched Psych the Musical (which I loved), saw Frozen with the family, and had an enjoyable Christmas and awesome Christmas break hanging out with everyone. C took a little trip to San Fran for the bowl game (why'd we lose??? WHY) so I had a few days with just me and the sisters hanging out, which was fun. I had an amazing choir concert, miraculously passed all my classes (OChem, whaaaa???), and watched a buttload of Hallmark Christmas movies.

Temple Square
My choir concert
Christmas PJs
So, all in all a pretty good 2013. Happy New Year!


-K

Comments