Podcast Quest

Hey people!

Since my afternoon boss resigned and no longer works in my office, I'm all alone in a big office all afternoon long. I try to fill the silence with music, but sometimes when I'm just bored of Spotify I try podcasts. I'm currently in the search for a new podcast to listen to. I've tried "Stuff You Should Know", and while it's okay, I get bored of their voices, and sometimes the "stuff you should know" is just flat-out not interesting. Today I'm trying "Call Your Girlfriend", and while it does have that best-friends-hanging-out-over-the-phone vibe, they're incredibly liberal and I'm not really sure it's for me. But I do enjoy when they talk about things that *aren't* politics. So, we'll see. C listens to "Nightside" on KSL radio, and they can be okay, but I get tired of their voices too. So, this paragraph was to tell you I still haven't found a podcast that I like, and I'm open to suggestions.

As far as the talent show update, that will take place on Saturday, and you can bet that I'll be live-tweeting that sucker. JK I don't really ever live-tweet. But IF I DID I think that talent show would be the perfect place to start. And since C's internship is taking a lot of time, we haven't really had time to put our "talent" together, and I'm pretty sure we won't have time before Saturday. BUT I think we'll still do it, and then just post it on this blog or something. AND I just got the list of acts emailed to me, and annoying organ guy? Multiple musical numbers. Multiple! What?! Bleh.

AH I just remembered I never rewrote "Summer in Ohio" as "Summer in Chicago"! I must do this before the summer ends! It is August, so hopefully summer is done soon (please please please), and we can get to the much more livable autumn. Plus, autumn in Illinois is beautiful. I still love autumn in Utah better (hello, orange mountains!) but Illinois autumns are beautiful too.

In other news, can we agree Michael Phelps' face is amazing? I want to change this face to be the profile picture of all my social medias, everywhere. It's like his "turtle face"!

Michael Phelps

Nick Miller
Come on. They're basically the same person. 

Also, congratulations to the Final Five, because they're AMAZING! Yay Olympics! (Although, let's be real, is anyone else getting bored of the relentless swimming? I shouldn't complain, because the relentless swimming means there isn't relentless track and field, which I find much more boring...) And I think we can all agree that besides the green diving pool incident, Rio's actually been doing okay. Thankfully! Everyone remember the #SochiProblems that went around a couple years ago? HAHAHA. 

In other non-Olympic news, I'm doing a Chuck rewatch and oh my gosh, in the episode I'm on now (Chuck vs. the Sandworm) Josh Kaminsky (Young & Hungry) just beat up Louis Litt (Suits) and I'm DYING. I love seeing other people on different shows before they got their own shows. Seeing Louis Litt in some kind of action role is hysterical. I think this episode will have to be watched again. And possibly a third time...

-K

Comments

Post a Comment