HC&M: Meh-rry Potter and the Cursed Child

Hey, people.


My week, in a picture. Peruse below.

Happy
-Went to a White Sox game last Friday. That deserves a post in and of itself due to the intense nature of the game. Two words: Superhero Night. Get excited.
-Me and C have already pretty much decided on our Halloween costumes (which is dumb, because we're adults, and we have nothing to dress up for, but whatever.) We'll see if we act on our ideas but at least we have an idea... We've never dressed up since we've been married. But then again, ever since my college years I've never really been into the whole dressing up deal (with the exception of junior year, where I wore a tattoo sleeve to class/work all day and painted my nails black. That was awesome. Oh, and I was a Nerd Herder sophomore year. That costume was awesome. I can't find the tie to wear it again though :( I'm just hoping that this "costume" isn't too "casual" for work. And if so TOO BAD, IT'S HALLOWEEN, SUCKERS. 
-Want to hear all the cool things my family is doing? Okay but you asked for it. 
N: Teaching preschool in her own classroom in an elementary school!
R: Going to BYU starting next week!
P: Going to junior high for the first time!
Isn't that just exciting? Or not. Whatever. If you're not excited get off my blog, posers. 
-August is almost over, which means fall is almost here!!! I'm so sick of summer. Between the humidity, the screaming cicadas, and the heat, I'm ready to kick summer out the window. Bring on the sweaters and the jackets!
-Me and C have perfected the art of making soft pretzels from scratch. They are spectacular.
-Because I'm so nice to my work's IT crew, they gave me a new computer before almost anyone else. :)
-C is gearing  up for BYU football, and I'm gearing up to laugh at everyone who thinks Sitake's going to take the team to a undefeated season. Oh wait. I've been doing that since forever. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. No but really, it's crochet crunch time. Got to get my big project finished so I can start my snowflakes...
-Speaking of sports, you should most definitely read this article. I have never been so interested in a baseball story in my life.
-Camp Cutthroat is back! I live for this show. It is one of my Food Network favorites.

Crappy
-Anyone else kind of bummed the Olympics are in Asia for forever? And can someone please tell me why we're going back to Beijing???
-All the students are back at the community college. :| I like it better when they're gone. Plus, I keep having to give people directions. We only have two buildings, people! It's either one or the other! I told one girl exactly how to get to the other building (that you can see, since it's like 40 feet away), but she STILL turned the wrong way and marched off into the forest. I don't know. I give up on these people.

Meh
-I know I might take some flak for this, but I was really not impressed by Cursed Child. I read it all in one sitting (how else do you read a HP book???) and maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind, but it just read like bad fanfic to me. I believe I would have liked seeing the play a *lot* better than just reading it at home on a Sunday night while the Closing Ceremonies were going on. I enjoyed how it felt like HP (mostly). I felt like play-Hermione didn't sound like book-Hermione at all. Play-Ron was spot on with Book-Ron though. I enjoyed his character more than I did in the books. Voldemort was creepy as all get out. But overall, I just felt like the storyline was... overly contrived, like a fanfic would be. I don't know. Maybe I'm just pessimistic. But I feel like I went in with an open mind and once it was over I was just like - meh. Who knows. Somebody else who has read it, feel free to chime in. And to be totally honest, I kind of wish JK would just move onto something else. Stop yanking Harry out whenever you're feeling ignored. He's been through enough already.


-Ward talent show ended up going okay. Annoying organ guy only did three musical numbers ("only" three...) the choir did okay, despite the conductor standing in the perfect place for me *not* to see her, Groan. The best of the night was definitely the bird calls. They were eerily accurate and awesome. The director of said event was *adamant* that there would not be winners or prizes, because "prizes make people feel bad". So instead, she printed out a bunch of paper slips that said things like "You're awesome!" and "Way to Go!" etc., for people to tape to other people. (Anyone getting a "You Are Special" vibe...?) The irony was that after all was said and done, you could still see who had the best talents, because they had slips of paper taped all over them. HAHAHAHAHA. (Did I use irony correctly? I'm not always good with knowing when to use it and when not to.)

Displaying 20160813_201334.jpg
Isn't that the truth.
Until next time,
K

Comments

  1. I think you are my spirit animal. I laughed out loud more than once. I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment