HC&M: Hu-meh-dity

Well friends, here we are, over two weeks later again. I'm really losing steam with this blogging thing. Chicago's been in a heat wave recently, so I spent all of yesterday sitting in front of our window AC and cursing the heat/humidity. It's awful. I am counting the days until Christmas. But then again, that's nothing new.

Happy
-Remember how in the last post we went to a Sox game? Well, C filled out the survey they sent after, and they gave us some free tickets! Sadly, they're the same night of the Opening Ceremonies in Rio. We'll have to watch them afterwards, I guess. But our game will have fireworks, so that will be fun.
-C is an official intern for City of Chicago! Well, he will be as soon as his fingerprint and background check come back clean. We spent a few hours at the outlet mall last week getting him some more nice collared shirts and ties for him to wear. He'll be working on some really cool projects, with real-world data! This will be a great resume-builder, and we've been working on this for a few months now. It's finally happening!
-My curling rod skills are improving exponentially. I don't have a recent picture available at the moment but just trust me on this one.
-We're going to a Four Weddings wedding on Saturday. Well, it won't be on TLC. But it's one of those *fancy* weddings, where there's a cocktail hour, and it's at a fancy golf course, and there's a dinner and everything. I'm really excited. It should be fancy!
-Suits is back! And while the first episode was kind of weird, the second one was better, and I'm excited for them to get back to high-profile cases instead of just wandering around Pearson Specter Litt wondering what to do with themselves. ALSO my latest obsession: She Loves Me. We watched it as a livestream, live from Broadway! It was amazing. It starred Zachary Levi (Chuck) and Laura Benanti (I don't know her from anything, but she's cool), along with featuring Jane Krakowski (Kimmy Schmidt) and some other randoms I don't know. I have basically listened to the soundtrack nonstop since it aired. I love most musicals. I'm a nerd like that, and this one was so cute and fun, and I really connected with it the first time I watched it. Too bad me and C didn't meet by sending each other letters, while not knowing that we already knew the person we were sending the letters to, and that they were our coworker, and that we disliked them, immensely. (Sorry. That sentence was a trainwreck but I honestly don't know how to make it better. Google "She Loves Me" and read the Wikipedia if you want a full synopsis.)

"This ice cream is too salty..."
-We found more rodeo to watch on ESPN! This time, we watched the Calgary Stampede, which is this awesome week-long rodeo that takes place in Canada. The best night was definitely Saturday night. It had rained all day and so everything was muddy, so when people got bucked off their broncos/bulls and landed in the mud, they stood up covered in mud. Covered! They had a guy with a hose spraying them off once they got out of the arena. It was amazing. And the chuck wagon races? Haha... I miss rodeos.

Come on. That's awesome. I mean, I wouldn't do it. But it's fun to watch,
-Two of my friends just had a baby/are in the process of having a baby soon. It's so fun to see their little families growing. One friend's baby was born last weekend and I can't wait to see him when I bring the family a meal this weekend. The other one will be born in Utah, so I won't be able to see him in person for awhile, but I know he'll be dang adorable.
-My sisters are coming to visit me this week as their graduation trips!!! N & R are coming at the end of this week to hang out and party with us for a few days. The trip itinerary isn't completely planned yet, but it should be fun. Congrats to N on her college graduation!

Crappy
-It's humid, hot, and gross. I don't know who thought up humidity but they should be punished, severely and repeatedly. I mean - I got out of my car, and my glasses fogged up. FROM GETTING OUT OF MY CAR. I hate everyone.
-My favorite boss's last day is next Thursday and I'm depressed about it. She was singlehandedly the reason I stayed at this crappy job, and now that she's gone, it'll be a lot lamer than it already is. She showed me what a good leader was and how to be one. She keeps inspiring me to get a better job, to look at graduate programs, and to achieve more than I am currently. She's amazing. She once said I was just like her daughter, except I'm Mormon, and she reminds me a lot of my mom, except she's Catholic/Jewish. She's been a great ally out here and I'm not sure what I'll do when I don't get to see her on a regular basis :(
-Just started a new crochet project, and it's much more boring than I thought it would be. Blehhhhhhhh. I'm not even a tenth of the way through and I'm already bored out of my mind. I'm not sure what it'll take to finish this thing but I'm sure it will include many batches of popcorn.

Meh
-Work is meh. (Do I even have to list that here anymore, or is there a way to just add it automatically?)
-Do we think it's time to try having a fish again? Feel free to weigh in below. We don't anticipate going out of town for an extended period of time anytime soon, so maybe now's the time to try a new betta? Or maybe another breed would be better?

Later,
K

Comments

  1. I'm so excited about all your awesome things! You absolutely have to give a review of this fancy wedding! Also, is there a place one could watch She Loves Me? It sounds like a hilarious show :) And congrats to C on his internship! I hope things move quickly so he can get busy with cool projects!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment