Dress Shopping

Guys.

Planning a wedding is not as easy as TLC makes it out to be. Or as dramatic.

So I went wedding dress shopping with my sisters. And it was fun, and exciting, and there were all these fun things that happened, but it was also just...weird. Like take for example when your sister picks out this weirdly shaped dress and is like "PLEASE try this on, I bet it'll look so much better on you than on the hanger!" And you're like "Um, maybe...? Put it on the pile." And the pile is growing and growing until the poor sister stuck holding the dresses is no longer visible under a massive pile of white tulle. Good thing little P didn't go or she might not have survived the expedition.

But first, you have to find a store that's both in your price range, your style, and not ugly. It's harder to find than you think. The first one we went to was gorgeous. Totally awesome. But then you look at a price tag and you're like "Whoops...I think I came in here by mistake...heh heh heh..." as the attendants look at you scornfully.

So then, you find a store that you think is going to work out. And then you get the afore-mentioned pile of dresses that you get to try on. And this is where it gets fun, guys.

No seriously. It was pretty fun. It's fun to try on expensive things, at least I think so. And everyone is so complimentary, saying things like "Oh, how beautiful" or "Wow, that looks awesome!" And then there's my sister, who says things like "That dress looks like it's eating you alive." Man. Way to be a downer. To be fair, the dress did look something like this:

Ouch.
So it was somewhat justified...but still. Come on. I still rocked it. Right, N? No? Oh, okay.

But no worries, guys. I found one. I would post a picture but C reads this blog, so I'll just show you some pictures that I found on the Internet of what my dress definitely does NOT look like:

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's like a toilet paper roll on top and some weird tulle stuff going on in the bottom, and it just hurts to look at, right?
This one I like to call "How are you even walking? YOU HAVE NO LEGS!"

How majestic. Like a bat flying out of its cave at dusk.
Anyway, that's all the bridal stories you get for now. 

-K

Comments