Fun at Work...Not-so-fun at home...

Readers! How's it going! Sorry it's been awhile, just been working a lot and enjoying my summer.

Speaking of working, it was a good week of random facts. Did you know Kool-Aid was invented in 1926? Yeah, that stuff is WAY older than I expected. Does it even have an expiration date? I mean, if you found one from the 1920s, would it still work? The idea of that really grosses me out, actually.

Oh, and it was also a week of fixing heinous typos. My favorite? Having to fix someone's misspell of "Paul Bunyan" as "Paul Bunion". Seriously, coworkers? Paul Bunion? Makes him sound more like a geriatric gimp than an ax-wielding giant. But hey, whatever man. 

Hm. Other things that aren't about work...Well, one of my new favorite shows is Leverage (I'm still only on the first season, but it's way good). TNT, people.

Seriously in love with this show right now.



What else...Well, since all of my other roommates are dating someone right now, it means I'm playing a lot of non-romantic music whenever I can throughout the apartment for everyone to hear. AC/DC anyone? I know, I'm such a mood-killer, but I just can't help myself. I quite enjoy ruining romantic moods whenever I can, and I've discovered I've got quite a knack for it. My favorite romance-killing songs? Here's a brief list. 
  • AC/DC: Back in Black
  • Carrie Underwood: Before He Cheats
  • Kelly Clarkson: Mr. Know-It-All, Walk Away
  • Maroon 5: Don't Know Nothing, Not Coming Home
  • Anything by Julian Smith (Jellyfish, Red Eye Flashes Twice, Akbar, etc)
Yeah. Try having a romantic moment with that special someone while listening to this guy. I dare you. 
This is just a brief list, any suggestions? And before you berate me for being a jealous roommate, let me just say that I should be entitled to go out and pop some popcorn without having to worry about losing my appetite to suffocating cuteness/excessive lip lock/weird conversations about future children. I am not kidding. This girl needs some sanity once in awhile.

~K

Comments