How Katelyn spends Christmas break.

Christmas Break is an amazing time, probably my favorite of the entire year. I get to bum around at home, make treats and eat food that I didn't have to buy/make, wrap presents, hang out with my sisters, and just relax. There are a few things, however, that Christmas Break is incomplete without (at least at our house...)
  • Hallmark/Lifetime movies. My sister loves Hallmark. And by "loves" I mean "can't live without them and if you delete one that she's DVR'd without telling her you've single-handedly ruined Christmas". 
  • Peanut brittle. Every year since I can remember, my mom has been making peanut brittle. I don't think it's ever been one of my favorite things, but it's fun to see it every year. 
  • Christmas books. We have a whole container of Christmas books that we get out in December for us to read throughout the month. Every year after Christmas when they all go on sale we get a few new ones, and so every year there's some new ones to read. This year I'm currently reading the quintessential classic "The Christmas Carol", as well as a new addition, "Finding Noel". Are they cheesy? Yes. Are they easy to get through? Yes. Do I like them? Very yes. 
  • Our Christmas Eve traditions. No Christmas Eve celebration is complete without our annual game of Christmas Charades, as well as reading the Nativity story from the Bible and singing our favorite Christmas songs. 
As I read back over this particular post, I sound like a total sentimental freak. But hey, it's Christmas. We're allowed to be sentimental once a year, right?

Comments