What We're (I'm) Into Lately

I've been feeling rather uninspired when it comes to the blog lately (as you can probably tell) so instead of some paragraphs, have a bunch of lists! And feel free to listen to this random song Spotify thought I would like, and I do! Nice job, Spotify.



Shows We Attempt to Stay Caught Up On But Fail Miserably
-Suits
-MasterChef
-New Girl (jk, we're caught up on this one)
-Worst Cooks in America
-Elementary (just me)
-SuperGirl (just me again)
-When Calls the Heart (haha, me)
-Arrow (again, juuuuuust me, and I'm like a season and a half behind, so I think I'm going to move it down to the next list.)

Shows I've Attempted to Watch But Given Up On
-Glee
-30 Rock
-The Flash

Things That Have Happened Recently
-We went to see the Newsies Broadway broadcast in theatres a couple weeks ago and it was awesome! Like many (most?) people in the world, I'm not the biggest fan of the Newsies Christian Bale movie, but the stage adaptation is approximately 5000% better. The storylines are better, the character depth and growth is better, and I could listen to Jeremy Jordan sing all day. All. Day. You guys should look up the Broadway recording of Newsies, or google "Jeremy Jordan Santa Fe." I'd put a video of that below, but I like this one better. You rock that key change, Mr. Jordan.


-C got me a teeny little succulent plant for Valentine's Day! Now I have three plants to keep alive. I love my little potted plant garden.
-My crocheting is going okay. I cut myself on Sunday right on my left pointer finger so that's really slowed me down, which is bad because I really need to get my current project done, not to mention that I've got... two sets of booties to do, and I've haven't started either of them. Hahahahahaaaaaaaa *cries*
-I rediscovered my love for Four Weddings and I can't stop watching it. Going to receptions usually isn't fun, but judging them from your couch is!
-I discovered an Edy's ice cream flavor that tastes almost exactly like a JCW's Grasshopper shake. It's perfection. We have also discovered the new restaurant in the neighborhood serves something called a Chocolate Cake Shake. You KNOW I'm going to be all over that.
-We tried Forever Yogurt and it was very disappointing (Who runs out of Reeses???) Attention Chicago: all your frozen yogurt places depress me. At least C is cute though.


-I recently got a Snapchat, so hit me up if you want to be my friend or whatever the official Snapchat word is. I only ever talk to my sister on it so I never post Stories or whatever, but if you're feeling bored and want to see my face in 5000 ridiculous filters, let me know. Also, you should all follow R because every snap brings me joy.


-*randomly looks through phone for more random pictures you might enjoy* Here. I painted these trees at a Relief Society activity last month. Apparently they are some sort of birch or oak or something? I asked if they were quaking aspens and everyone in the room looked at me with a blank face. Apparently those don't exist out here. But, enjoy my "art"!


-I made C try on this leather jacket that retails for (no joke) $1250, but was "on sale" for $800. Nice, no? If he ever makes Harvey Specter amounts of money, maybe we'll come back and get it.

- Please enjoy this picture of a flowering cactus. I've been watering this sucker at work for over a year now and it finally decided to grace us with two blossoms. Lucky me. 


Have you had enough of random pictures off my phone? That's good. Because honestly, about 90% of my phone gallery is screenshots of R's snapchats, and the other 10% is me taking random pictures of C or of my crocheting. I need to branch out more. I get it. 

Later,
K

Comments