HC&M: Fantastic Mehs and Where to Find Them

Here we go, friends. The great month of November is over...


Happy:
-...which means we get to move into the great month of December! Home of Christmas! And Christmas music! And Christmas treats! And everything else Christmas! And N's birthday!
-November ended up being okay. My birthday was a lot of fun, we had a good Thanksgiving, and enjoyed the break after C's hard semester to just hang out and catch up. It's funny because I live with C, and yet for the last couple weeks we've hardly hung out at all, thanks to school.  It's cool. I like having alone time. But it's fun to hang out with your best friend again. I missed him.


-C really pulled out the stops for my birthday. He took me to a cake decorating class and I got to learn a couple good techniques for decorating/piping cakes. Sadly, I do not have the equipment to do what we did there, but it was fun to do for an afternoon. We also tried this awesome place called !Bang Bang! Pies, and it was really good. (Yes, there are two exclamation points in the title.) Pictures to come.
-My first friend in this ward had her baby, and she was born on my birthday! We're birthday twins! :D
-Snowflakes are looking great this year. They look more and more like my great-grandmother's each year, and this one is the best yet.

Crappy:
-Ugh, work. I almost cried when I got out of my car today and stared at the building before walking into it. Ughhhhhhh. *dies*
-I always have a really hard time during the holidays out here. It starts around my birthday and lasts until I can get home. It's hard to describe. I'm just sick of being out here on Meh Island.

Meh:
-Raise your hand if you saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! Who else thought it was meh? Or is that just me? I just went in expecting so much, and I kind of felt let down. I felt like there were like... three subplots, and no real *main* plot. Am I crazy? Feel free to chime in. I mean, watching the movie itself was amazing, the special effects were great, the music was fantastic, but, idk. It's set in 1926 New York City - couldn't you make it a little more fun? It was pretty dark in places. I don't know exactly what didn't impress me about it, but it just... didn't. Feel free to throw things at me now. (And she's going to make four more...? I just keep telling myself it was a set-up movie, it'll all make sense later...)
-Speaking of throwing things, I'd like to throw a few at Amy Sherman-Palladino at the moment. That's how she wanted Gilmore Girls to end this whole time??? The more I think about it, the more awful it gets. Like, seriously? I'd almost rather have season 7 again than what we got in AYITL. I did enjoy Emily's storyline, and I think they payed wonderful homage to Richard's legacy. But I felt like a ton of people were out of character and it felt weird. Bleh. Not sure I'll be watching those again for awhile. I'll go back to season 3. (Hello, Jess!)
-November has the worst birthstone. Who wants to wear an ugly topaz? Bleh. Do me a favor and NEVER buy me anything topaz or birthstone-y.

Yay December!


-K

Comments