K&C Go to Various Sporting Endeavors

Hey, look, a picture of K talking about what she likes about sports!


Whoops, looks like I put up a picture of Rory and Lorelei instead. My bad.

Anyway, below are our various sportsball stories from the last couple months.

Football
You guys all know I went to a nerd high school, right? Well, I did. I got my Associates degree at the same time as my HS diploma, thanks to this school. As a trade-off, my school didn't have organized arts or sports of any kind. I didn't really care that much about sports, so it didn't bother me at all (although not having a choir was sad.) However, all my people that went to the regular public high school would post on FB about the games they were going to, and again, I didn't care. I always figured I'd hit an AF High game eventually (maybe?) I did not plan on it being in Illinois. Well, life is full of surprises.

Many happy things happened this day (Unfortunately, AF winning was not one of them.)
1. Popcorn was only a dollar
2. I was wearing a new shirt I found on sale

And now, pictures (that I didn't take, I got them off the Chicago Tribune online)

Wheeeeeeee
Behold, K watching football while on the phone (I was talking to my sister who had just moved into her freshman dorm, come at me haters. And apparently C is making hissing noises?)


Us from a distance (find us if you can!)



Baseball - White Sox
Remember that time I said we had tickets to a baseball game the same day as the Opening Ceremonies? Well, we got the dates wrong, and they were *actually* for a few weeks later. It worked out for our benefit, because we got a night with perfect weather AND one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen that wasn't Stadium of Fire.

Now where's the "Spirit, Honor"...?

My Converse at the Cell (although, we can't call it the Cell anymore after this month...)
It was also superhero night, so we were treated to sights such as these:





We also sat behind some people who spent the evening getting as inebriated as possible, and then spent an entire inning talking about the movie "Pete's Dragon" and how it was so good and made them cry. Me and C also cried (from laughter.)

Also, remember how they didn't have ice cream last time we went? They did this time! Say hello to my new White Sox ice cream helmet of fun and happiness! (Popcorn was also involved, but at this point you should take that as a given.)


Baseball - Cubs
This is the Cubs' year, guys. I just feel it. Chicago is electric right now with this playoff. It's a really interesting and fun feeling. Everyone has Cubs gear everywhere you go, and everyone's really hyped.



Anyway, we went to a game a couple weeks ago when C saw some cheaper tickets come up. This time, we bought some season ticket holder's tickets, so when we got there everyone kept asking us how we knew Paul (who apparently we bought the tickets from.) C made all sorts of friends and high-fived all ten of them every time the Cubs got a home run, which was fun to see (the home runs and the high-fiving.) He's able to make friends almost instantly when it comes to baseball games. They'll see him scoring the game in his book and start asking him questions and soon enough, he's got a new buddy (or five.) And then they take your picture for you, and that's nice! And then sometimes they assume that you know lots of things about baseball, and that's always fun. Thank goodness C printed out the game notes for me again this time so I knew what was going on when random people asked me questions. Also, Bonnie Hunt led the seventh-inning stretch this time, and she was SO much better than the random rapper that did it back in April the first time we went. You go, girl.


It was really fun to be in such a charged atmosphere. I've never been in a venue that felt like that. Lavell Edwards has its moments, but I can honestly say I've never felt so much energy at a venue than I did at Wrigley that night. It was so cool. And of course, I'm never one to complain about a Cubs win. Fly the W!

Please excuse the horrid quality of this selfie, one day I'll shell out the money for a phone with an actual camera.
The baseball scorer in action!
"Yeah Cubbies"! -the guy next to me for the entire last two innings

Go Cubs, go!

K

Comments

  1. I am perpetually impressed with your sporting endeavors. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, haha! Turns out sports are much more fun in person than they are on TV. I bet you would love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment