Week One

...of my final semester as an undergrad! Woooooohooooo! Since all of you care lots and lots about my life, I'll tell you all about it. What am I taking, you ask? Well...

-Technical Communication, which is a total wash. I have taken so many English classes already, why doesn't one of them apply to this one so I don't have to take it? I'm giving this class two stars off the bat because a) it sounds boring, b) I know how to write already, so suck it, and c) it involves group work, which I absolutely detest. So yeah. Two stars, max.

-Cell Biology. I'm giving this class a two as well, but for different reasons. There is group work involved, which as I mentioned above, I freaking HATE. Got stuck in an...interesting group, so we'll see how that goes. It's also my professor's first time teaching the class, and he introduced himself by first name...yeah. Coming from a major where the more letters after your name, the better, to have someone introduce themselves by their first name is a little different. And also makes me feel a little scared. But oh well. Not much I can do about it now.

-Marriage/Family Studies, which I took as kind of a joke, just so I get the whole "experience", but it might be okay. I don't know. Seems like some busywork, but the professor seems to really care about what he teaches and wants his students to do well, so it'll be a nice break from all the other crap I'm doing. Four stars so far.

-Anatomy, I'll give this one a three-star rating, because at least my teachers and TAs know what they're talking about. Whew. Just looked at skull and axial bones today, haven't actually cracked the cadaver cases open yet, and honestly, that's totally fine with me. I'm so worried I'm going to be one of those people that passes out at the first sight of a body. Heaven forbid. I just want this class to be over. I can't memorize 1000 terms, I just can't. At least not right now. I'm dying here, staying up late every night and trying to memorize the stupid skull. Did you know there's like 5000 tiny holes in your head and I HAVE TO KNOW ALL OF THEM AND I'M SO DONE.  Sorry, excuse the all-caps rant...

And last, but not least, guitar. A bunch of famous guys from my school are in it (read: the basketball team), and although it may seem rude, I love that I'm better than them on the guitar. I haven't been playing that long, but I can pick out a D or a G chord just fine. Hehe, take that, basketball jocks. Take that! Four stars for bragging rights alone.

So yeah, that's my semester in a nutshell...I'll keep you posted when more fun things happen. Hopefully...I"m going to try and write in this more often this semester, but we'll see how it goes.

-K

Been listening to this song as I walk to school through all these crappy snowstorms we've been having. I love Dan in Real Life, and I love the soundtrack so much. So much.


Comments