Tuesday Night Musings

Well, I went back to work today.

Woot!

It wasn't terrible, really. Got to do some live captioning, which was nice. Don't want to get out of practice! Like that would ever happen... Boss lady told me to teach new girl to live caption, so I did my best. I'm really not the "show you how to do it" type. I had to learn by experimentation, so she should too, right? Gosh, I'm mean.

In other news...I signed up for the GRE last weekend! And the more I prepare, the more worried I get. I thought I had a pretty extensive vocabulary. Ha! Ha! Ha! Want to look at an example question? Here you go.

Choose the word with the most opposite meaning of the bold word.

Recondite
A. Abstruse
B. Erudite
C. Understandable
D. Obtuse
E. Seismic

Give up? The answer is C. Don't ask me...

The face I made while grading my practice test
I thought I was smart. The GRE is going to prove me wrong, I just know it. But it's okay, with a lot of vocabulary study and some brushing up on my math skills, I think I'll end up okay.

What else...One of my favorite old roommates leaves on her mission tomorrow. I'll miss her so much! She always gave me the best advice...about boys, roommates, majors, everything :) Good luck out there, H. You'll do great!

Ignore our creepy red eyes...

Yes, we chop things in the woods with axes. We're tough. 

One time I picked her up...while wearing lime green socks. I don't know.

Good old H. One time we dressed up as Phineas & Ferb characters...Maybe I'll put those up another day. Suspense, and all that.

Oh! More exciting news! I saw THIS movie over the weekend...

Awwwww yeah.
Let me tell you, it takes a lot for a movie to surprise me, and this one did. I was guessing pretty much the whole time. And this coming from the girl that predicts everything in movies. So yes. Definitely seeing this one again. It's so true, the more you look, the less you see...

-K

Comments