Bernard Lassiter

Q: The quotient of 27 squared and 15 squared is the square of what number?

A: 9/5

Yeah, that's right. Thought I'd switch it up from vocabulary to math today. I've been studying for a couple hours, trying to relearn all the crap I forgot about exponents and square roots. Kill me now. Studying for the GRE is kind of like this:



...and then you have to re-learn all of it.

I don't hate math, I'm okay at it, but hello. There's a reason I'm in biology and not math education or something equally as distasteful. I remember watching that show Numb3rs as a kid and being like "What? People grow up and choose to do math as a job? What the heck do they do?"


Of course, Charlie ended up solving mysteries with math, so that was cool. Not cool enough for me to go into forensic mathematics, however. If there is such a thing...

Thirsty Thursday went pretty well, if anyone was wondering. We had some awesome treats and a fancy little container for our strawberry lemonade, and everyone was extremely impressed. That's right, the bar has been raised. No one will have a cooler Thirsty Thursday than us. It is impossible. Haha! The gauntlet has been thrown down! Put that on your piano and play it.

I'm feeling rather...apathetic today. People tell me things that should be exciting and I just don't care. Pathetic, right? Maybe I'm becoming an emotionless robot...Or Sheldon...Or maybe I've been looking at undefinable words and ugly equations all morning. It's a toss-up.

I bought Bernard a new plastic plant! It's to celebrate him being alive for a year. Technically his birthday was back in March but better late than never, right? I've decided betas are the best pets. They don't require stimulation, just some food and a little plant to hide under. Bernard enjoys it when I play music and when I talk to him, he swims out and gets all excited. It's adorable, really. Good little Bernard Lassiter...yes, he has a last name. I couldn't decide if I wanted to call him Bernard or Lassiter so I just chose both.

In other news, Lassie is my favorite character on Psych. Maybe one day I'll devote a post to him. Here's something to tide you over until then:

Aw Lassiter...it's like we're the same person. 

And I like to say this if people propose stupid ideas to me:





See why I like Lassiter so much?

-K

Comments