DI & Rodeos

It's been an all-right week, friends. I've been making better friends with my coworkers, which has been nice. Work's still a drag sometimes but I've been doing better in that department. Doesn't hurt that I brought some s'more Goldfish, and that's a work favorite. My boss-boss (not boss lady) came up and was like "We should have a captioning party!" and I was like YES PLEASE. All the other departments get parties and fun stuff...and I'm just sitting here, captioning. It was a semi-stressful day on Thursday, we got a show in really, really late and it needed captions, so my boss put me on it (I assume because she knew I'd get it done) and so I did an hour-long show about the Oklahoma tornadoes in about two and a half hours, which is a really big deal.  Usually it takes about four hours if you want to do a really nice job, but we just didn't have the time for it. It was a little stressful, and my hands were killing me that night. And just watching the devastation...it was pretty hard for me. Not sure why this particular show, but it was just harder than others I've done about similar disasters.

But guess what? That night I went to a RODEO! Yes, a rodeo! For those of you that don't know, I love going to rodeos. I don't even know why. I didn't use to be this way, I've only started liking rodeos in the past five years or so. But dang. I love it. I love dressing like a poser-cowgirl with my blue jeans and my plaid shirt, and watching people try and ride animals that shouldn't be ridden. It just brings joy to my heart. My favorite is "mutton bustin'", where they put little kids on angry sheep and let them loose. Most of the kids fall off at the very beginning, but some of them hold on and get quite a ways. Hilarious.



And also, the girl that sang the national anthem changed keys at least three times. I know it's inappropriate, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I tried to keep it quiet though. But how on earth does that even happen? I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional...

But anyway, all in all it was an enjoyable night. Exactly what I needed after that stressful workday. Thanks, for going, C. And also for driving there. Last time I drove to a rodeo my car died in the middle of the road. Very scary. But thankfully, three days, $600, and a new distributor later, we were up and going again! Yay...at least it happened in the summer, when I have a little bit of money. If it would've happened in the winter, I would have been up crap creek for sure.

But anyway. Rodeo. Yay! Also, yay for DI for having like four plaid shirts to choose from!

Picture for the road?

Me and P at the rodeo two years ago

Me and R last year!

-K

Comments