Spring Birthdays

I was always jealous of the people that had their birthdays in the spring/summer, when there were no other holidays around you had to share with. My birthday being in the week of Thanksgiving, or sometimes on Thanksgiving itself was never fun as a child (or frankly, as an adult.) I'm not the biggest turkey fan, pies are only okay, I hate stuffing and cranberries. The only part of Thanksgiving I really get excited for is the yams with marshmallows on them. Now those are good! Thankfully, my parents were usually pretty good at having a separate celebration that didn't involve unsatisfactory Thanksgiving foods, but when it was on Thanksgiving and my little kid self felt that no one cared about her and only cared about Thanksgiving, things got rough. Thankfully I matured... or did I?

Anyway, the point is, spring birthdays are probably cool. And the coolest kid I know is having a birthday!


Yes, that's a 30-gallon bag full of popcorn. Call up Water Gardens the day before you need it, and bring them $20, and you too can own 30 gallons of popcorn! I totally want to throw a massive party for one of my sisters or something and get this popcorn again. It was awesome. 

Anyway, the point is P is awesome and I'm lucky she's my little sister. She's freaking hilarious. For instance, the story behind this picture:


Notice the Star Wars sticker book she's hugging? She brought that to amuse herself during the graduation, and then as a point of pride was holding it in every single picture we took of my graduation day. After we had taken all the pictures, my mom was looking at them on the camera and asked, "P, were you holding that book in every picture we took?" P didn't say anything, but the smirk on her face gave it all away. 

So Happy Birthday, Nutty. May your Star Wars sticker book never run out of stickers. 

Oregon Coast, 2013
-K

Comments