Better than Usual Weekend

This is where I would put up exciting plans about Spring Break...

IF I HAD ONE.

*sigh* Even though I work at a university, even when they're on Spring Break, we still have to come in and do nothing. Except me, because I get to answer perturbed parent's phone calls when they finally realize taxes are due soon and they don't know how to read the 1098-T for their son/daughter who's conveniently on a mission. Unfortunately, due to FERPA laws, we can't help them at all. People, do yourselves a favor. When you go on a mission to a remote African village for two years, PLEASE leave your ID and sign-in information with your parents. For every account you own. It's just common sense. *gets off soapbox*

Anyway, I guess if I had a spring break I wouldn't get a week's pay, which would be highly detrimental. Guess I should be grateful for my job. I'm also incredibly grateful for Easter, and Easter candy, and conference time. It was a great weekend.

It started with a big arts gala me and C went to on Friday night. For an extremely low price, we saw... seven performing groups? All in one night! And we went to a dance where an actual jazz band was playing! My favorite jazz band! It was awesome. I've always wanted to go to a dance with a live band, and it was just as awesome as I thought it would be. It was also really cute to see all the old couples dancing together in their fancy dresses. Saturday morning we had fun Conference times, along with all the leftover strawberry scones. We hit up a baseball game in the afternoon (and I got popcorn!) and Conference-d it up again later. While C was in the priesthood session I made cinnamon rolls and watched Gilmore Girls. It was a good day.

I think one of my favorite parts of Conference was sometime on Saturday, when someone said "Many things are good, many are important, but only few are essential." I sometimes suffer from the "let's do all the good things" syndrome, but am I focusing on the few that are essential? Which right now, is strengthening my marriage with C? I've heard thoughts like that in the past, but this was phrased so succinctly it really stuck. Which is rare for me, because I usually hear things and I'm like "Oh, nice thought" and then it's gone forever until I read it again in the conference edition of the Ensign. C actually found that quote set with the background of a married couple looking at the temple, and I think I'm going to try to replicate it with a picture of me and C. We'll see how it goes. I actually enjoy graphic design-esque things so it should be a fun project. I'm thinking of using this picture in the background and modifying the text to fit the arc of the sidewalk. But we'll see how it goes.


-K 

Comments