K Makes Scones

So, I made scones yesterday. They were awesome. They have strawberries and white chocolate and they are heavenly. Surprisingly, I have become a somewhat good baker! Ever since the great cookie debacle of a couple months ago, everything's been going pretty well since then in the kitchen department. Granted, these scones needed wayyyy more flour than was called for, but they ended up being awesome. Definitely a good way to use up strawberries.

Now that I've bored you all with my wifey scone talents, we can talk about something more interesting. I'm just eating one of them right now and enjoying it immensely. Not much is new is going on with us. Mostly just school and work. April promises to be a fun month, as one of my best roommates ever is getting married and we get to go to the sealing! Yay! This is the best picture of us that was ever taken:


She really likes cats. She isn't a cat, as this picture might imply, but she's still fantastic.

In other news, I also made cinnamon rolls, and they refused to rise so they're a little dense, but dang they're good. Nothing like a good cinnamon roll. It makes basketball better, especially when I'm so full of not-caring-ness. In fact, let's discuss the NCAA tournament, and how I feel about it.
Anyone else think Wisconsin's uniforms look terrible? It's like when those girl wear crop tops but their parents don't actually let them, and they have to wear the stupid undershirt underneath that you can see like six inches of? Yeah. That's what their uniforms remind me of. Ugh.

See what I'm talking about?

This reminds me of when me and M used to have to be forced to watch basketball with friends and we'd make up silly voices for all of the players (especially if they were wearing those stupid arm-warmer things.) It mostly consisted of us going "Uhhhhhhhh.... basketball...I play basketball..." in a really stupid voice and annoying everyone around us. That's just how we do.

But hey, I'm all about the underdog winning, so go Wisconsin, I guess. I am mad my snapping turtle team didn't win, Yes, I picked my bracket based on the awesomeness of the mascots. It came down to the team whose mascot is the hawkeyes, because Hawkeye reasons.


I mean, come on. He wins all the things. Except I figured he was too busy working on PR for Avengers 2, so I picked the snapping turtle team, whoever that was. I don't even remember. But look at this thing. It would eat you alive if you got in its way. 

I love how the guy holding it is like "HOLY FREAKING CRAP I just caught a freaking snapping turtle!!!"
So awesome. I feel like this is my spirit animal. I mean, if a wild mustang that bucks you off and chases you down and runs you over wasn't already my spirit animal, a giant snapping turtle totally would be. Or April Ludgate. 


Or Jim Parsons...


But if my spirit animal wasn't all of these, it would definitely be a giant snapping turtle. 

-K

Comments